Drama GCSE Failure due to bad teaching

Watch
PoppyAnnPaskin
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi all this is the first time in using TSR and was wondering if I could ask for some help! I have recently received my GCSE results and whilst I am delighted with most of them there is one result that I am disappointed in and that is drama which was a grade D. Whilst I understand that that is not the worst grade to achieve I feel that it was not entirely my fault and would like to find a way to complain about my teacher who I feel has not allowed some of the most talented people I know to get great results.
To cut a long story short here are a few things that she did that I believe stopped me and my friends from getting good grades:
Firstly she gave us a logbook template to use for BTEC instead of GCSE so our coursework would have never met the requirements
She lost our coursework on several occasions resulting in my friend re doing her coursework the day before it was due to be sent to the exam board (and a week before the exam season started)
And my biggest complaint is that on that day she made me help my friend write her coursework rather than focusing on my own and could even be plagiarism.

I could go on but I was just wondering if any of you could help me or if you are in the same position. If a complaint to someone would get us a pass then that would even be better.
Thank you 😊😊
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by PoppyAnnPaskin)
Hi all this is the first time in using TSR and was wondering if I could ask for some help! I have recently received my GCSE results and whilst I am delighted with most of them there is one result that I am disappointed in and that is drama which was a grade D. Whilst I understand that that is not the worst grade to achieve I feel that it was not entirely my fault and would like to find a way to complain about my teacher who I feel has not allowed some of the most talented people I know to get great results.
To cut a long story short here are a few things that she did that I believe stopped me and my friends from getting good grades:
Firstly she gave us a logbook template to use for BTEC instead of GCSE so our coursework would have never met the requirements
She lost our coursework on several occasions resulting in my friend re doing her coursework the day before it was due to be sent to the exam board (and a week before the exam season started)
And my biggest complaint is that on that day she made me help my friend write her coursework rather than focusing on my own and could even be plagiarism.

I could go on but I was just wondering if any of you could help me or if you are in the same position. If a complaint to someone would get us a pass then that would even be better.
Thank you 😊😊
You can complain, but why would that bring your grade up?
PoppyAnnPaskin
Rep:
?
(Original post by Blue_Cow)
You can complain, but why would that bring your grade up?
I heard that in special exceptions that you can get passes due to specific circumstances I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was possible?? Thanks
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I'm sorry you're disappointed with your result, and I know how frustrating it is to have a teacher who doesn't seem to take students' exams seriously. However, I have to ask - why are you only doing something about this now? You have presumably had these reservations about your teacher for some time, so why not make a complaint when there was still time for the issue to be sorted? I'm afraid it's too late to do anything about your grade now, but hopefully sixth forms/colleges/wherever you want to go next will be sympathetic to the situation. Assuming you don't want to take Drama A level, they may be willing to overlook it, seeing as it's not a core subject.
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I heard that in special exceptions that you can get passes due to specific circumstances I was just wondering if anyone knew if that was possible?? Thanks
I'm not 100% sure about that, to be honest.

I'm curious as to why you didn't complain to a senior member of staff earlier?
PoppyAnnPaskin
Rep:
?
Thanks I think I may have just put this but the wifi stopped so 🤷*♀️ basically my mom was applying for an admin job at the time and we didn't want it to hinder her chances but she has got the job now and is going to complain in September at least if something is sorted I suppose it will help my friends in younger years thank you 😊
Beth_H
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, I don't think that's true. You can get special consideration in certain circumstances (which are essentially limited to medical reasons, bereavement or recent trauma), but I'm not aware of any circumstance where someone would automatically be passed. Either way, they couldn't possibly give special consideration for perceived poor teaching, otherwise every student in the country who got a low grade would be asking for it.
PoppyAnnPaskin
Rep:
?
Thanks I think I may have just put this but the wifi stopped so 🤷*♀️ basically my mom was applying for an admin job at the time and we didn't want it to hinder her chances but she has got the job now and is going to complain in September at least if something is sorted I suppose it will help my friends in younger years thank you 😊
Also the admin job was at my school if that didn't make sense 😊
PoppyAnnPaskin
Rep:
?
That is true I thought it would be worth a try anyways thanks for your help 😊 I'll put on if there is any progression
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about starting university this autumn?

Really excited (73)
22.96%
Excited but a bit nervous (143)
44.97%
Not bothered either way (38)
11.95%
I'm really nervous (64)
20.13%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed