Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

How do you get rid of a cold? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering what everyone does to get rid of a cold. I hat having them, any suggestions?

ReputationRep:
    Now surely if we could answer that we would be millionaires already. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    well last night i put on some vapour rub, wrapped myself in 3 layers of sweaters, pants and went to bed.

Still have it, im making some tea now, hope it works.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    Have hot steamy bath (keep topping up the hot water), breathe in the steam. Boil a kettle at the same time (extension cable into bathroom) and breathe in the steam off that too. Steam, get the idea?
    The bath's a good idea, but if you breathe in the steam directly from the kettle you *could* burn your face (well I probably would end up doing that :/ and also I'd probably end up get electrocuted and dropping the kettle in the bath or something)

What about vic in a bowl of hot water and stick your head under a towel and breathe that in as well...

ReputationRep:
    Seriously, when i get one I just sleep it off.

ReputationRep:
    eat loads
    drink orange juice
    go for a run

ReputationRep:
    well, most of the time, i just wear lots of clothes and sweat it off, didnt work last night, i have to go to work in 30 min so, dont have must time, but good suggestions.

ReputationRep:
    When i get a cold, i either sleep or drink some medicine called lemsip.

ReputationRep:
    very strong, hot lemon tea. Then go eat something with chillies in.

ReputationRep:
    Tangerines, tangerines, clemintines and more tangerines. ( I suppose satsumas would work too!)

ReputationRep:
    warm water with honey, salt n lemon (and a pinch of butter--dont ask mum makes me do this). drink it

ReputationRep:
    Lemsip and hot drinks.

ReputationRep:
    Buy a couple of gingers in the market.
    Slice it up.
    Pour a can of Coke and put the slices into a boiler.
    Boil them together.
    Drink the hot Coke and have a good sleep.
    warning: this prescription is not suggested if u got a throe throat.

ReputationRep:
    I just wait for it to go away.

ReputationRep:
    Youd have been better off preventing it really! I remember I was developing a cold a week or two before I was going to london to see Jasper Carrott and so as not to give him my cold (and so i wouldnt be ill) i took that echinecha*sp stuff and drank loooaaddddssss of orange juice (I went to the shops every lunchtime to get 4 bottles of the stuff ...i think they thought i was a bit wierd)- but it worked! ...that is until i got back and stopped drinking orange juice and taking tablets and stuff, then i was really ill

heh heh heh

Tally ho ol' chap

ReputationRep:
    Lots of fruit and veggies, water, a few cups of tea, some honey and I tend to be well on my way to relief from a cold.

ReputationRep:
    Tablespoon on honey, juice of a whole lemon, two fizzy co-codamol and hot water in a mug works a treat Doesn't matter if you don't eat much bnecause of all the honey.

ReputationRep:
    take some Neurophene tablets

ReputationRep:
    I either try and sleep it off, which tends to work. Or i'll try and sweat it out in the steam room or sauna. What i like to do in the sauna is mix olbas oil with water, pour it on the hot stones and just lay down for about 15-20 minutes. Sweat out the toxins! Remember to drink lots of water.

If you regulary get colds, i'd recommend getting some regular exercise which will minimise your chances of getting one, and if you do you tend to recover quicker.

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.