EPQ or A-level Watch

urh
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Is it better to do 4 a-levels or 3 a-levels and an EPQ? I'm asking regarding time, difficulty and university preference and any other advice or information.
DrSebWilkes
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Better to do 4 A levels in terms of ... "prestige". That's not quite the right word but I think you get the idea.

But doing an EPQ instead of 1 a-level will be less onourous on time. And frankly most people only do 3 anyway so tbh why bother with 4? Do 3, do them well and finish it off with an EPQ.
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by urh)
Is it better to do 4 a-levels or 3 a-levels and an EPQ? I'm asking regarding time, difficulty and university preference and any other advice or information.
I'd suggest you do 3 and an EPQ because ultimately an EPQ is less time consuming than an A-Level so you'll have more free time to do work. Plus university standard offers are based of 3 A-Levels anyway, so that's really all you need. It's much better to do 3 subjects and do a bit better in each than do 4 and get a slightly lesser grade in each of that makes sense
urh
Rep:
?
(Original post by EmilySarah00)
I'd suggest you do 3 and an EPQ because ultimately an EPQ is less time consuming than an A-Level so you'll have more free time to do work. Plus university standard offers are based of 3 A-Levels anyway, so that's really all you need. It's much better to do 3 subjects and do a bit better in each than do 4 and get a slightly lesser grade in each of that makes sense
Yeah it does I'll be more likely to get perfect grades all around than spreading myself thin thanks for the response
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by urh)
Yeah it does I'll be more likely to get perfect grades all around than spreading myself thin thanks for the response
Glad you understood what I meant there haha!
urh
Rep:
?
(Original post by DrSebWilkes;[url="tel:73478002")
73478002[/url]]Better to do 4 A levels in terms of ... "prestige". That's not quite the right word but I think you get the idea.

But doing an EPQ instead of 1 a-level will be less onourous on time. And frankly most people only do 3 anyway so tbh why bother with 4? Do 3, do them well and finish it off with an EPQ.
The only thing worrying me with the EPQ is that I feel like I'll maybe lose motivation....but doing 3 and an EPQ does make more sense.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of West London
    Undergraduate Open Day - West London Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 2 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (413)
18.6%
The paper was reasonable (1054)
47.46%
Not feeling great about that exam... (493)
22.2%
It was TERRIBLE (261)
11.75%

Watched Threads