The Student Room Group

£250 for gym membership...

This is how much it costs for a one year gym membership at my uni and it seems ridiculously overpriced. Moreover other facilities like the tennis is also way overpriced- it costs £80 to be a tennis club member and then you have to pay the slightly reduced member fee to use the courts ( ranging from £7-£13 per hour). Is this a normal amount to spend on facilities in your unis? Or is this overpriced and unfair?
Tbh it depends om what you get - i paid £80 for a 6 month puregym membership (my friends paid £120 for 9 months) and that was deffo worth it as all i needed was the basic gym equipment - if you want a pool tennis courts then 250 for the year sounds okay.

i guess you should shop around - look at what your uni offers vs what other companies in the area most towns have a leisure and fitness facilities alongside gym chains so spending on what you want/need therell be something

the towns leisure centre had a gym membership for pool sauna full gym access for something like 25pm and yeah that was kinda pricy - that was the uni sports area - and another health club offered membership for 35 for the same service as a special student price so acc mayne 250 isnt so bad you literslly jjst gotta shop around
Reply 2
Original post by krafiq
Tbh it depends om what you get - i paid £80 for a 6 month puregym membership (my friends paid £120 for 9 months) and that was deffo worth it as all i needed was the basic gym equipment - if you want a pool tennis courts then 250 for the year sounds okay.

i guess you should shop around - look at what your uni offers vs what other companies in the area most towns have a leisure and fitness facilities alongside gym chains so spending on what you want/need therell be something

the towns leisure centre had a gym membership for pool sauna full gym access for something like 25pm and yeah that was kinda pricy - that was the uni sports area - and another health club offered membership for 35 for the same service as a special student price so acc mayne 250 isnt so bad you literslly jjst gotta shop around

The £250 is just for gym. It's another £80 for reduced fees on using tennis courts but you still have to pay to use them. I did what you said and did find another tennis club close to it and it's £70 per year but then free so you don't have to pay anything else - trouble is it's only 4 outdoor hardcore. I think it's a joke how my uni can't subsidise the prices considering I'm already paying tonnes of money.
Seems pretty pricey considering it's a university gym.

My university gets free gym memberships at the local gyms. Maybe see if any other gyms in your area are cheaper.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending