The Student Room Group

I like a girl, but I don't want to.

OK so basically for over a year now I've had a crush on this girl but I can't even speak to her for more than two minutes.

according to all my friends they would rate her 5/10 or 4/10. but the thing is I find her attractive and everything even though she isn't in the eyes of my friends.

the real issue here is I don't want to have a crush on her. I don't wanna like a girl for the next 5 years or so because it would meddle with my studies. how can I make that feeling I have for her go away? luckily I'm not going to her sixth form but I still end up thinking about her at least a day. she didn't even go to my same school but I only know her because of my. private tuition where I see her once a week, and I don't even say a hi to her most of the time. and she occasionally says hi to me and etc.

surprisingly she started a convo with me on an induction day which lasted for about a minute or so because. my other friend called me to play football.

she doesn't have the best body or anything according to others but I still like her.

finally the thing is I managed to type that away from my mind and I don't want to like to her.

I wanna remove that feeling I have for her. I like her as a friend but still, I don't wanna like her in that way. I just wanna see that person as a normal friend, but my mind isnt letting that happen.

how can I remove that feeling I have for her? I just wanna focus on my studies for the next few years and I don't think I can with this going around and TSR is the final resort for this issue. please helppp me.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
OK so basically for over a year now I've had a crush on this girl but I can't even speak to her for more than two minutes.

according to all my friends they would rate her 5/10 or 4/10. but the thing is I find her attractive and everything even though she isn't in the eyes of my friends.

the real issue here is I don't want to have a crush on her. I don't wanna like a girl for the next 5 years or so because it would meddle with my studies. how can I make that feeling I have for her go away? luckily I'm not going to her sixth form but I still end up thinking about her at least a day. she didn't even go to my same school but I only know her because of my. private tuition where I see her once a week, and I don't even say a hi to her most of the time. and she occasionally says hi to me and etc.

surprisingly she started a convo with me on an induction day which lasted for about a minute or so because. my other friend called me to play football.

she doesn't have the best body or anything according to others but I still like her.

finally the thing is I managed to type that away from my mind and I don't want to like to her.

I wanna remove that feeling I have for her. I like her as a friend but still, I don't wanna like her in that way. I just wanna see that person as a normal friend, but my mind isnt letting that happen.

how can I remove that feeling I have for her? I just wanna focus on my studies for the next few years and I don't think I can with this going around and TSR is the final resort for this issue. please helppp me.

Is the only issue related to your studies? Because it sounds like you're forcing yourself not to like her but you do and it's not easy. So you must ask yourself, why are you really holding back? If you like her then maybe you could just see how things go first.

She's not going to your sixth form anymore, right? Then the feelings will go away after some time. If it helps, just ignore her messages and don't respond, I know it's not the best way but if you keep replying then those feelings are likely not to go away.
Reply 2
Original post by UWS
Is the only issue related to your studies? Because it sounds like you're forcing yourself not to like her but you do and it's not easy. So you must ask yourself, why are you really holding back? If you like her then maybe you could just see how things go first.

She's not going to your sixth form anymore, right? Then the feelings will go away after some time. If it helps, just ignore her messages and don't respond, I know it's not the best way but if you keep replying then those feelings are likely not to go away.

I'll try

First of all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...it doesn't matter what your friends think - if you feel a certain way about her, then that's none of their business.

To answer your question, though, it's not so easy to do. However, I'd recommend distraction in the form of doing something you love and not acting on your feelings toward her.

However, it seems to me that you're more worried about what your friends think than the impact it'll have on your studies...

Know this - if you live your life looking for people's approval then you'll never be happy.
You're young, the only way to solve this problem is to get experience.
Reply 5
Original post by harrythomas14
First of all, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder...it doesn't matter what your friends think - if you feel a certain way about her, then that's none of their business.

To answer your question, though, it's not so easy to do. However, I'd recommend distraction in the form of doing something you love and not acting on your feelings toward her.

However, it seems to me that you're more worried about what your friends think than the impact it'll have on your studies...

Know this - if you live your life looking for people's approval then you'll never be happy.

TBH I don't wanna like her. I don't mind my friends and what comments they make on her, buts the issue is that i like her, but deep inside me I don't want to.

I want studies to be my first priority.
TBH I don't wanna like her. I don't mind my friends and what comments they make on her, buts the issue is that i like her, but deep inside me I don't want to.

I want studies to be my first priority.

If that's the case, then put in the graft on your studies and occupy yourself when you're not all up in the books.

Productivity is an excellent method of distraction.

Regarding your feelings and your not wanting to have them for this fair dame, don't act on them, simples.
Reply 7
Original post by harrythomas14
If that's the case, then put in the graft on your studies and occupy yourself when you're not all up in the books.

Productivity is an excellent method of distraction.

Regarding your feelings and your not wanting to have them for this fair dame, don't act on them, simples.

it's really hard though. luckily I'm going into a levels but it's the big thing and I've have a feeling for her since like year 10.
it's really hard though. luckily I'm going into a levels but it's the big thing and I've have a feeling for her since like year 10.

Of course it's going to be hard but if you're serious about it and you want to do well in your studies that badly, you'll find a way.

Feel free to message me if you need further help, pal.

Try this. But probably watch The Craft first, so you know the risks. I tried it once. Well, I got as far as searching for the ingredients, could not find a pencil without an eraser anywhere and so decided not to risk it. Luckily, the girl got hit by a bus two weeks later anyway. She wasn't badly injured but it really put me off her anyway.

A SPELL TO FALL OUT OF LOVE WITH ONE’S EX

Be sure you want to break the link completely. This is folk-magic, and it works. It can only be worked in Fall, when the black walnuts are ready to harvest. Because it is performed naked, in the dark, it is not suitable for everyone. You will need:

* A piece of paper from a brown paper bag, freshly torn on all four sides
* a small pencil with no eraser on it
* matches
* a black candle it can be a plain offertory candle, a taper, or a figural candle of a human or a devil.
* black powder incense to which you should add Valerian Root, Red Pepper, and Mullein Leaves. (If you cannot find plain black powder incense and those herbs, use an herb-based mixture containing them, such as Black Arts Incense.)
* nine black walnuts still in their green husks. You will probably have to go into the country for these they are not sold in stores.
* a silver-colored metal bowl.

Place the walnuts in the bowl. Undress at midnight on a night when the moon is dark. Take all the supplies into your bathroom. In the dark, with no light, write your ex-lover’s name on the piece of paper, and say

"[Name of Person], this is the last time I will write your name!"

Light the candle, use the candle to light the incense, look at the name paper and say

"[Name of Person], this is the last time I will see your name!"

Fold the paper in half so the name can no longer be seen. Draw a hot bath and throw the nine black walnuts into it. The water may turn brownish. Get into the bath with the walnuts. Pour the dark water over your head nine times and each time you pour it, say:

"[Name of Person], I wash you out of my life."

Arise from the bath and pull the plug. As the water runs out, pick up the candle and hold it over the bath water. Take the person’s name-paper in your other hand and set it on fire with the candle. As it burns, say:

"[Name of Person], I burn you out of my life."

Drop the burning paper into the bath water, wait a brief moment, then plunge the candle upside down into the bath water to extinguish it while you say:

"[Name of Person], I extinguish you."

Do not dry yourself with a towel, only let the air dry you. When the water has all run out, collect the nine walnuts (and the husk fragments) and place them back in the bowl. Now, still entirely naked, walk outside carrying the bowl of walnuts and throw them away at a crossroads or street intersection or, if that is impossible, throw them against a tree but be careful to not drop any pieces of them in your own yard. As you throw away the walnuts, say:

"[Name of Person], you are dead to me And dead to me you’ll always be Wander the world both near and far But touch me not, for dead you are!"

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending