Sport & Exercise Science degrees

Watch this thread
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Looking at degree transfer - and at my university Sport Science is a part of the university biomedicine school and focuses on the medical side of sport science with pure science modules (most of the modules are neuroscience, respiratory physiology, biomechanics, etc) Its a RG uni also so the research is incredible. Compared to other universities such as Loughborough & Sheffield Hallam, it seems the course isn't a conventional sport science course in that there's no specific sport modules (there are some optional ones) - they're all to do with anatomy, neuroscience, cardio/respiratory physiology

I've always had an interest in nutrition and maybe Physiotherapy - but I've been told employment rates for sport science are low & that most people become PT's or Teachers (which I'm not 100% interested in). Additionally some of my friends say i should stick to my degree as it's more respected than sport science & thus will help me in the future (not that I agree with this view) Does anybody have any experience with sport science degrees and what you can achieve afterward? I've not seen much discussion on them on these forums.
Anonymous #1
Can you do medicine post grad with a sport science degree?
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
I'm not sure about doing medicine? Sport science degrees do have a decent reputation, especially at the top unis such as Loughborough, Exeter, Leeds& Edinburgh
Anonymous #1
bump
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
Bump
Anonymous #1
Please someone lol.
Skel12
Badges: 1
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
From where you are studying you shouldn't have any issue getting on a pre-reg physio course somewhere? You could also look for work experience offering sport science support?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (67)
28.39%
As I expected (73)
30.93%
Harder (88)
37.29%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.39%

Watched Threads