The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

What subjects are you studying?: English Language, Government and Politics, Geography
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*AB
Plans for after Year 13: Uni
Going to uni? If so, which?: Newcastle or Uni of Nottingham - Politics degree
How you feeling about this year?: STRESSED
AS Grades (If you wish to share) AAC
I'm struggling with my A Levels so bad right now :frown: I don't have very high standards so I'll be happy with 2 C's and a D (that's being ambitious. :biggrin:) Anyway, I study Religious Studies, Law and Sociology. :smile:
What subjects are you studying?: Chemistry, Biology, Maths and Statistics
What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*A
Plans for after Year 13: Study Medicine at university
Going to uni? If so, which?: Applied to Cambridge, Nottingham, Leeds, Hull-York Med School, and Leicester (medical biochemistry)
Future Goals: To be a doctor
Tell us a bit about yourself: My name is Christine and I love long walks where I can think.
How you feeling about this year? A lot more relaxed and ready! Only a few steps closer to the dream!!!☺️☺️
Original post by phoebecarys
Submitted my UCAS application today! Can't wait to start hearing back, have many of you got offers yet?

Congratulations. Just got an interview at oxford for English. I have offers from Warwick, Birmingham, Reading and Chester . Good luck
So I'm basically doing the whole A level course for Maths, physics and Economics in one year. I wanted to ask if by just using the CGP revision guides and past papers for Physics and Economics (new spec), I could achieve an A-A*. I just feel as if the text books have allot of irrelevant information and plus time is not on my side. Ed excel for Maths and Economics, OCR A for Physics.............
Been ages everyone! How are you all?
Lol there’s tones of people here with amazing results ( good for you like I’m not actually taking the piss btw) and some people upset but there’s always alternatives and it’s not death and destruction, keep working and you’ll eventually find your path, good luck peeps.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX

Very nervous!!!!!!! I'm in Oxford for the next few days for interviews. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty great, though.
Original post by XLittleSparrowX

Drowning in homework and assessments but my ucas is all sorted with 4 offers and an interview so not much stress on that front!

All in all I'm alright. How are you?
Original post by StevetheIcecube
Very nervous!!!!!!! I'm in Oxford for the next few days for interviews. Otherwise, I'm doing pretty great, though.

Oh wow! Good luck!

Original post by yeahthatonethere
Drowning in homework and assessments but my ucas is all sorted with 4 offers and an interview so not much stress on that front!

All in all I'm alright. How are you?

That's great! Good, myself. Sent my ucas off on Thursday and have 2 offers and 1 interview. Nothing else since Monday, though
Reply 470
Original post by Justice4Ned
So I'm basically doing the whole A level course for Maths, physics and Economics in one year. I wanted to ask if by just using the CGP revision guides and past papers for Physics and Economics (new spec), I could achieve an A-A*. I just feel as if the text books have allot of irrelevant information and plus time is not on my side. Ed excel for Maths and Economics, OCR A for Physics.............

So you're not at sixth form / college?
Reply 471
What subjects are you studying?: Economics, Government and Politics, Maths
What grades do you hope to achieve?: AAB
Plans for after Year 13: Economics at Uni.
Going to uni? If so, which?: Not sure if I'll end up going. Going through a 'not listening, not revising' period like I did last year up until after Christmas. Might not end up getting the grades.
Future Goals: Work in employment for a while and then work for myself (Run my own business)
Tell us a bit about yourself: I like clothes, creativity, being lazy, business and trying to make money.
How you feeling about this year? Like poo warmed up.
No I’m doing everything on my own.
Original post by Justice4Ned

CGP is awful for OCR Physics A - the text book is better but still not great - there aren't many good resources other than old spec text books to learn from without a teacher due to it being new spec
What subjects are you studying?: Biology, Chemistry, Maths, German
What grades do you hope to achieve?: AAAA ideally
Plans for after Year 13: Chemistry at Warwick Uni.
Future Goals: To work in the chemical industry, travel around the world haha, do something with German maybe
How are you feeling about this year? Really demotivated, I was sooo more motivated for my GCSEs and I don't know what has happened. Everyone around me is so motivated and everyone is expecting me to do so well. I have tried everything, but I don't know what do.
What subjects are you studying?:

Psychology (AQA)

Sociology (AQA)

Health and social care level 3 (BTEC - PEARSON)

What grades do you hope to achieve?: I'm not very confident in myself, but as a minimum I hope to get ABC :smile:
Plans for after Year 13: UNIVERSITY! To study psychology.
Going to uni? If so, which?: Staffordshire university is my firm choice.
Future Goals: Going to university, completing my masters in clinical psychology, then moving out (I currently live on my own - but I want somewhere better!)
Tell us a bit about yourself: I don't really know what to say, I absolutely love psychology! (if you haven't already guessed it is my favourite subject), I love anime, gaming - but I'm a little shy.
AS Grades (If you wish to share):

Psychology - C (however my teacher thinks this is wrong, as for paper 1 I got an A, and paper 2 was a U)

Sociology - C

Health and social - Won't get a grade til the end of 2018, but I'm predicted an A* by my teacher.

Got a blog/GYG? Post a link!: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=5049838#primary_content
Anyone done the business paper 2017 edexcel?
What subjects are you studying?: Biology, Psychology, Sociology and EPQWhat grades do you hope to achieve?: All A*s would be amazing, but realistically AAA is still pushing itPlans for after Year 13: University Going to uni? If so, which?: Southampton is the dream atm. I got my UCAS sorted back in September and firmed it by October half term.Future Goals: Biology or psychology of some form. I've recently been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia, but for the past three years it's been getting progressively worse in that now some days I can't hold tweezers. Hence why psychology is an option rather than just bio now. I love both so it's okay biology was my favourite but after a bad teacher and fibro I'm having to consider psychology too. Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Charley I'm 18 and I love cats, animals in general and so many tv shows it's bad! I spend most my time either with my friends, studying (obviously) or cuddled ip with my cat and dog sleeping/watching Lucifer or supernatural or many others. How you feeling about this year?: Arghhh, someone find me the motivation and energy to continue! I'm so stressed!AS Grades (If you wish to share): AAAA (dropped chemistry)
What subjects are you studying?: History (OCR), Latin (OCR), Religious Studies (EDEXCEL), Mathematics (EDEXCEL). I already have A-Level Music (A grade).

What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*AA

Plans for after Year 13: University

Going to uni? If so, which?: I'll decide that when I get all my offers in. So far I have offers from Warwick, Sussex, Kent, and Sheffield. Will get a decision from Oxford (Oriel) next week. I've also got offers from two US colleges, Notre Dame and The Ohio State University, and will get decisions from the others I've applied to (Columbia, Yale, Brown, Northwestern, Brandeis, and Tufts) in April.

Future Goals: I want to study History, and preferably would like to work within the field, but not sure doing what yet.

Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Charlotte aka Charley (*waves* to other Charley above!), and I attend a boarding school, about 120 miles away from home. It isn't too bad, as my twin brother is here too. I like films, music (I play cello, piano and saxophone, all to varying degrees, cello is my strongest instrument), sport (especially American sports), and obviously history. Like my fellow Charley above (*waves* again), I love Supernatural, and would go as far as to say I'm obsessed with it.

How you feeling about this year?: I've been pretty calm about the whole year, although this may change now the home straight is in sight.

AS Grades (If you wish to share): N/A - my school has only offered linear A-Levels for several years now.
Original post by RockOrBust
What subjects are you studying?: History (OCR), Latin (OCR), Religious Studies (EDEXCEL), Mathematics (EDEXCEL). I already have A-Level Music (A grade).

What grades do you hope to achieve?: A*A*AA

Plans for after Year 13: University

Going to uni? If so, which?: I'll decide that when I get all my offers in. So far I have offers from Warwick, Sussex, Kent, and Sheffield. Will get a decision from Oxford (Oriel) next week. I've also got offers from two US colleges, Notre Dame and The Ohio State University, and will get decisions from the others I've applied to (Columbia, Yale, Brown, Northwestern, Brandeis, and Tufts) in April.

Future Goals: I want to study History, and preferably would like to work within the field, but not sure doing what yet.

Tell us a bit about yourself: I'm Charlotte aka Charley (*waves* to other Charley above!), and I attend a boarding school, about 120 miles away from home. It isn't too bad, as my twin brother is here too. I like films, music (I play cello, piano and saxophone, all to varying degrees, cello is my strongest instrument), sport (especially American sports), and obviously history. Like my fellow Charley above (*waves* again), I love Supernatural, and would go as far as to say I'm obsessed with it.

How you feeling about this year?: I've been pretty calm about the whole year, although this may change now the home straight is in sight.

AS Grades (If you wish to share): N/A - my school has only offered linear A-Levels for several years now.

Ooh, it's possible we met! I was at Oriel during History interviews for Ancient and Modern History. I'm super bad with names tho...

Latest