Lelanor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by EmilySarah00)
Really enjoying your thread so far! How are you finding CS at the minute? Also sorry if you've already said this but what exam board are you on?

Also well done on your astounding maths UMS and result :shock:
Thank you! I was just looking to your GYG and I also have an AAB offer from Leeds for Computer Science with Maths! And I've also applied to Bristol, and I'm considering adding Natural Sciences at Josephine Butler College at Durham as my last choice?? Nice coincidences!

I'm on AQA for CS, and I'm currently finding it okay. I'm fine with the theory stuff but I'm not sure how to get properly started on my coursework. I'm not even sure I like my idea?
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Lelanor)
Thank you! I was just looking to your GYG and I also have an AAB offer from Leeds for Computer Science with Maths! And I've also applied to Bristol, and I'm considering adding Natural Sciences at Josephine Butler College at Durham as my last choice?? Nice coincidences!

I'm on AQA for CS, and I'm currently finding it okay. I'm fine with the theory stuff but I'm not sure how to get properly started on my coursework. I'm not even sure I like my idea?
Ayy that’s 3/5 identical choices! Great minds think alike I’m particularly happy about the Leeds offer because it now stands as a really good insurance option!

I’m on OCR CS and we’re getting into the full swing of coursework season now but I absolutely can’t stand my idea anymore and I’m really struggling with it. I’m about to start programming it soon and I’m imagining that will bring up all sorts of issues. But I’ll come to that after the MAT is out the way haha!
Lelanor
Rep:
?
So things so far this week have been going a bit better than usual! I've been much more productive after school, mainly because I've been getting my younger brother to come and do his homework in my room while I do my homework at the same time. Although it takes him ages to do anything because every few seconds he stops working to tell me something irrelevant (yesterday he spent longer telling me that he thought his homework was stupid than he spent doing the actual homework).

Anyway, I've been doing work. Yesterday I prepared some Computer Science notes which was useful for the lesson today becasue I was actually able to listen instead of typing notes as fast as possible. I read quickly through the textbook pages and out the main headings on the page, then found special characters needed for set theory and drew diagrams needed for my notes.

In maths, we've started D1 with one of our teachers, and as I did D1 over the summer I'm spending lessons doing D2. I'm about halfway through D2 already so I've been doing review exercises from D1 to remind myself of everything. Now I need to figure out what's going on in the chapter of D2 I'm currently doing because kind of difficult to follow.

I'm definitely enjoying Spanish a lot more recently, and surprisingly I found out today that I've won a subject award for Spanish for the sixth form awards ceremony next week. Each subject chooses one person for an achievement award and one for a progress award. It's weird that I'd get an award for Spanish when it's my worst subject, but as each person is only allowed to win one subject award I'm assuming I would have won it in another subject had I not got it in Spanish. Also, there are only 4 people in my class and one has won an award in a different subject, so there wasn't exactly a lot of choice for winners. Anyway, I'm rambling about this and it's not very important.

In a PSHEE lesson a couple of weeks ago the importance of a good balance between work and other things in life was emphasised to us so I'll write a bit about some things that aren't related to schoolwork. I'm going to my friend's house at the weekend (((I believe the main purpose is to drink alcohol))) and might be sleeping over but idk yet. and actually that seems to be the full extent of my life outside school lol.

Something I realised I haven't, mentioned yet is that I got another university offer! it was for Warwick, for A*AA. Warwick was my favourite after Cambridge, and this was an offer I was really hoping for. I now have a firm and insurance that I'm really happy with for if (or rather, when) Cambridge rejects me.

Okay, I'm going to finish my maths homework and go to bed!
Lelanor
Rep:
?
Early morning post because I remembered while waiting for the bus that I'd starting writing this and never finished or posted it.

I'm really enjoying getting into the rhythm of school this half term. Last half half term was full of UCAS, open days, and preparing for charity week but I haven't had much going on the in the past few weeks.

This means I've been trying to get work done more effectively, and even when I've finished my homework I find I want to keep studying, which is a real change from usual. I think there have been a few reasons for this:
- I've been making 'must, should, could' lists of tasks to get done based on what's most important. It's nice to tick off every item in the 'must' list and usually all of the 'should' list. This idea is the only thing I've really got from PSHEE lessons this year.
- I've been trying a lot harder to get enough sleep and I seem to be managing to go to bed by 11 pm, instead of midnight or after
- Parents' evening also gave me some extra motivation because most of my teachers were pretty nice to me
- Having university offers is also motivating me

Thursday 16th November 2017 Morning

Today I managed to get out of bed before 6:30 am, which has been a very rare achievement for me recently, even though I usually intend to get the bus at 6:50.

Last night I spent a good amount of time doing homework, and I'm fairly sure that I currently don't have any unfinished homework, which means I now should have time to do extra things like adding detail to my notes or practising CSAT questions. The homework I did last night was reading a chapter of 'Nada' (I try to read each chapter twice and look up words I don't know in between each reading, and this was the second reading), and doing some maths homework on FP2 complex numbers, which I got set yesterday morning. I'm enjoying doing pure maths again, although I think I need to revise C4 at some point as I've been having trouble with partial fractions and there are a few other parts I don't remember very well. Maybe that's what I'll do in one of my free periods today.

Okay, so, plans for today:
Skim back through the chapter of Nada because my Spanish lesson
We have assembly this morning :/ with year 11
Spanish lesson - I want to continue contributing in lessons and maybe having a go at more difficult questions that I usually avoid
Two free periods! In the first I'll probably get some food from the coffee shop and then do some revision of C4 to remind myself of it. Then in the second I might take a break from, although that depends on what my friends are doing.
Lunchtime - just might try to get some CS notes done before our lesson today
CS - just a normal lesson
Maths 9th period lesson - practise FP2 questions
Lelanor
Rep:
?
I really do intend to update more often but it doesn't happen! So, here's a long update. Also, before that, I have an interview at Cambridge in a couple of weeks! Yay!

Thursday 23rd November 2017
This morning I missed two buses (the two public buses I could get) and had to get the school bus, which I don't really like doing because I only get to school a few minutes before form and I like having time before school. However, it did mean I could talk to my friend on the bus; I asked her some questions about economics to help her prepare for her Cambridge interview in a couple of weeks (I didn't understand much of what she said, I just Googled 'Oxbridge economics questions' and let her talk, and then just made up some random questions).

During form time we had to fill in a fortnightly 'reflection on learning', which would be more useful if our form tutor didn't have to collect them in, because I immediately forget the targets I've set myself and therefore don't think about how to achieve them. None of my form think this is a very useful activity. I'm """form captain""" so I collect the register and give out letters and the reflection on learning sheets so I get to ruin everyone's morning as I hand them the sheet.

First period I had Computer Science, and we had a test. However, our teacher wasn't there (I spoke to him later that day and apparently something happened with his son at school? I couldn't really hear what he was saying as we were whispering next to a 'silence, exams' sign) and we were sharing the IT room with a history class who were doing coursework, so we had to sit near each other during the test and listen to them talking when their teacher wasn't in the room... pretty distracting. I managed to finish about 10 minutes before the end so left early and went to get a bacon roll from the cafe, a daily bad habit I've developed in the last couple of weeks. I found the test pretty easy, which was nice. The section in the textbook sounded scary at first, as the names of the chapters sound weird... Mealy machines, Turing machines, regular expressions, Backus-Naur Form, Reverse Polish Notation... I definitely judges these by their weird-sounding names, but they actually turned out to be pretty cool and not very difficult.

Between break and lunch I had a free period and a maths ninth period. I spent the free preparing for a mock interview. This mainly involved rereading my personal statement and making a mindmap about why I want to study Computer Science, because I find that a difficult question to answer. My true answer would be 'it's cool, I like it, it's pretty neat that 0s and 1s can do so much what the heck' but I though I should probably think of ways to develop that. I continued this in my maths ninth period, which is probably the most productive I've been in a maths ninth for weeks. We're supposed to use maths ninth periods to do any questions in the textbook we didn't do in class, but I can never decide what to do and I just end up talking the whole lesson. Last week we tried to find the answer to the question 'is a single leg of a pair of tights called a tight?' (we never really agreed on that one, but I think the answer is no), and today we were discussing the fine details of laws about drugs and prostitution. I spent the last fifteen minutes in a mild state of panic because it was nearly time for my mock interview and none of my friends would agree to murder me so I couldn't go to it :/

Finally it was lunchtime and I went to the room I was supposed to have a mock interview in. I didn't know if my computer science teacher would be back by then but there was also supposed to be a maths teacher doing the interview, so after waiting for more than five minutes I went searching for them, and coincidentally found the maths teacher in the Computing corridor. My CS was still not back so I just had the maths teacher for the interview. He asked me some questions I'm pretty sure wouldn't come up, such as why I chose the particular college (this was the first question and I panicked and talked nonsense). After some better question about why I want to study computer science, we finally moved on to solving maths/CS problems (a relief), although they weren't all that difficult. There was a pretty easy one about logic gates, but he wanted me to talk through what I was doing, and it gets pretty repetitive saying '1 or 0 is 1, not 1 is 0, 1 and 0 is 0' and the other seven variations of this! There was one about the order 8 pieces of paper were stacked on a table, which I got pretty quickly. There was a proof question where I was going to use proof by induction but the teacher guided me towards a much faster way of proving it using what I was starting to do for the proof by induction, then there were a few other maths questions. After the maths, he asked a couple more questions (like what career I saw myself doing, which idk at all), then it ended. He gave me some feedback, and said I seemed confident (I was not confident) and except a couple of times where I said silly things, I overall did quite well. It was definitely much, much easier than a real interview would be, but I'm glad it went well. Hopefully the mock interview I have at the boys' school next to my school will be a bit more realistic, so I'll be working my way up to the real interview. It's more doing maths questions in an interview that I'm interested in practising because I don't want my answers to other questions to sound too rehearsed. I'd prefer to do what I did today - organise my ideas beforehand, but form answers as I go along.

This interview, added to the delay in starting while I waited and the maths teacher searched for the CS teacher, meant that I only had about fifteen minutes left of lunchtime, which was kind of annoying. I didn't actually finish my lunch because I was also trying to read a couple of articles for some Spanish homework.

During fourth period I had Spanish, which took a while to start because there was a Year 11 mock exam being held in our classroom and the sign on the door only had room changes for the morning. We went in search of the room changes board, which hadn't been put up, then waited outside whispering and hoping our teacher would turn up. We finally found our teacher and an empty room and spent the whole lesson talking about the most recent chapter we'd read. I really didn't feel like talking much, but it's difficult to avoid when there's only four people in the class, and I usually answer quite a lot of questions. I do like the lessons and I understand what's going on, but for some reason in Spanish today and yesterday I didn't want to talk, and actually felt my eyes watering for some reason? I don't know why, and hopefully I won't feel like this in my next lesson with that teacher.

My last lesson was maths, and we did transforming loci of complex numbers. I spent some of this lesson feeling really strangely upset and kind of angry. This was partly carrying on from Spanish and partly because I hate sitting with some of my friends in lessons, and four people from my friendship group are in my maths class. I feel like I might just keep trying to sit by myself in maths because otherwise I will end up hating everything.

On the way home from school I had to get on an incredibly crowded bus. I don't understand why they never use a double decker bus at that time of the day because it gets so so so busy. I also cringe when the students from another school sit in the priority seats and don't move when an old person who can barely walk gets on and there aren't any seats left. I avoid sitting down until there are empty seats at the back of the bus so that I'll never feel like I have to offer someone my seat; I don't mind standing up, I just never know when to offer someone my seat and when not to so I stand up the whole time to prevent this dilemma.

Once home I wasted the entire evening, so here I am, having done a tiny piece of homework, still with homework to do, writing a ridiculously long post! I'd be surprised if anyone has read this entire post because it's very very long.

I did get some good news this evening though: I have an offer from Bristol! They're the first university so far to actually specify that they only want two grades this year, as I already have A Level Maths, so I now either need AB including A in Further Maths, or AA, not including Further Maths. This seems to be lower than their standard offer because they usually want A*AA including A*A in Maths and FM. Maybe because I already have a maths grade, maybe because my postcode has a pretty bad POLAR classification, or maybe they just liked my application? Idk. Also, strangely, Bristol hasn't actually emailed me about the offer?
Lelanor
Rep:
?
Lol I just realised I had a post from several weeks ago saying nothing but 'Early m0rning post'. how did I manage that and why didn't I notice sooner

Okay I've failed to update again! Time to try to write something. I tried to last night but it ended up as a detailed story of my last day of term. So I'm going to try to make this somewhat short.

The past few weeks
Here's some of what's been going on:
- I went on a trip to London a few weeks ago - the Year 12 and Year 13 Spanish classes went to a study day at the BFI, about Almodovar and his films.

- I had my interview at Cambridge. I found it mostly okay - I struggled a lot with the CSAT and went blank in one of my interview but there were also good parts.

- After missing two days of school (one for each of the things above) I was really lacking motivation and could barely convince myself to get out of bed each day. This wasn't a lot of fun, and this feeling seems to have continued into the holidays.

- My last two pieces of homework for FP2 were 68% and 75%, which are a lot lower than I usually get for maths homework. And with my other maths teacher, I ended up handing in homework late, something else I don't usually do.

- I don't understand much of the most recent section (about the Internet) in computer science. I'm okay with 2 out of the 6 chapters, but I missed the lesson on one chapter (then didn't catch up with the work) and just don't understand the other 3 chapters. We were supposed to have a test on Monday but it was our last lesson before Christmas and we persuaded our teacher to wait until after Christmas, so I've got some time to try to work it out.

- I just generally haven't wanted to be at school. In most lessons I kind of just want to cry, in free periods I feel annoyed at myself for not being productive, I don't want to be around my friends...

- There have been some good things though, such as starting driving lessons, going to a bowling birthday party, going to my friend's house for her birthday (where my team won Articulate)!

- I found out that my form tutor will no longer be my form tutor after Christmas. A teacher is leaving so my form tutor will be filling her role as learning manager for Year 9. I'll still see her in Spanish lessons though, and my new form tutor is one of my other Spanish teachers.

My subjects
Maths
Maths is okay. We're doing FP2 and FP3, which are difficult, but I understand what's going on. My homework so far for FP2 hasn't been great but that's more to do with leaving it until the last minute than not understanding.

Computer Science
As I said above, I didn't understand the most recent section, but the section before was good and I liked it. I still haven't really started my NEA and I STILL don't know if I like my idea enough... but oh well

Spanish
Spanish lessons have been alright. We've nearly finished the book we're studying and we're very close to finishing the history topics. I've been managing to do the homework. I need to do quite a lot of research for my research project over Christmas.

Things I need to do over the holiday
There's a lot of things I need to get done over the Christmas holiday, but I'm not a big fan of Christmas so hopefully my hatred of Christmas can fuel my motivation to work.
Spanish
- Read at least 2 chapters of 'Nada' (and preferably to the end of the book) [Homework]
- Do a translation from the textbook [Homework]
- Research the importance of Juan Carlos during the transition to democracy [Homework]
- Make progress in my research project [not homework but urgently needs doing]
- Finish the exercises about immigration [Homework, but not due in until I finally have lesson with this teacher 2 weeks into January]
- Type up notes about history and research more to add

Maths
- Do S2 paper [Homework]
- Choose a D1 or FP1 paper to do [Homework]
- Do most of an FP2 paper (my teacher took out the parts we haven't covered) [Homework]
- Practise doing questions from D2, FP2 and FP3.
- Do a D2 paper

Computer Science
- Do whatever it takes to understand the most recent section
- Finish the worksheets and homework sheets and turn them in on Google Classroom [Homework]
- Make notes on the most recent section
- Revise for the test (which I'm assuming will be on the first day back :/)

General things to do
- Work out what I need to take to my grandmother's house
- Don't forget my driving lesson on Saturday
- Find out if my friends are doing a New Year's thing, and if so, when and where
- Tidy my room
- Don't have a breakdown
- Try to keep this GYG up-to-date! I admire people who manage to update every day!

I might even start some of this list now!
maestrachan1
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi there,I wonder if you can help. I have to do my IRP for Spanish soon but am completely stuck on what topic to do. What is yours based on?
Lelanor
Rep:
?
(Original post by maestrachan1)
Hi there,I wonder if you can help. I have to do my IRP for Spanish soon but am completely stuck on what topic to do. What is yours based on?
Sorry I didn't see this earlier! I didn't get a notification and didn't see it in my watched threads.

Mine is on LGBT rights and attitudes in Argentina, and how far they've come. I haven't done very much yet. Other ideas in my class were Arab influences on Spain, the importance of dance in the cultures of certain Spanish-speaking countries, and (I think?) something to do with women's rights. I had a lot of trouble thinking of topics.
Lelanor
Rep:
?
Sunday 14th January 2018

So it's been a while... since my last update I've received an offer from Cambridge! It didn't feel real for a couple of days but now I'm really happy about it!

Today I got up late (around 11 am), and only woke up because my friend texted me to ask about homework. I somehow managed to sleep through more than 200 messages on various Cambridge offer holders group chats that I've joined! Most of my weekend has been spent on these group chats, although I did actually get some work done. I started out my doing the Spanish homework that my friend was asking about. We haven't had a lesson with the teacher it's for in more than a month, so I couldn't really remember what I was supposed to do, but I think I did it right. Then I started an FP1 paper, although it was taking ages because I kept getting distracted by group chats, and I stopped on the penultimate question. I have two maths tests on Wednesday and I need to revise for them as much as I can.

Evening came pretty quickly and my mum said she didn't know what I was having for dinner so I ended up making a stir fry for myself. I wanted to use chicken but Tesco didn't have any??? I ended up with bacon, potatoes, onion and pepper, and it was actually pretty nice, although it could have used some more spices. After dinner I kept getting distracted by group chats and then decided to (finally) start my NEA for Computer Science! I found some packages for reading data from websites and tried out some things. My teacher wanted our ideas last week and tbh I'm still not sure if the idea I'm trying is what I actually want to do. I didn't get round to doing research for Spanish or doing maths revision, which were things I was really hoping to get done this weekend, but it was better than nothing.

I haven't been tagging people but I'm going to tag people who've posted in this thread in the hopes that any support might encourage me to actually update this! Please let me know if you want to be tagged in future posts

Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by The Night King)
x
x
(Original post by plklupu)
x
(Original post by Samendra)
x
(Original post by Bob Stanley)
x
(Original post by Tormund)
x
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
x
x
EmilySarah00
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
OH MY GOSH YOU GOT AN OFFER! Congratulations ahhhh! :heart:

I'm so proud of you! :yay:
Lelanor
Rep:
?
OH MY GOSH YOU GOT AN OFFER! Congratulations ahhhh! :heart:

I'm so proud of you! :yay:
Thank you!!! It was a big surprise!
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
:woo: Congrats on your offer!
I've woken up to 570 messages on a group chat this morning so can sympathise with that (and you were a lot more productive than me this weekend!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lelanor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
:woo: Congrats on your offer!
I've woken up to 570 messages on a group chat this morning so can sympathise with that (and you were a lot more productive than me this weekend!)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thank you!

570 is A Lot... :O
Lemur14
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Thank you!

570 is A Lot... :O
You're welcome
Not compared to what's been going on this evening I cleared them at 11pm the previous night as well...it's just been mad this week!
amypops
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago

Lelanor aims for (A*)A*A*A + 1,1 in STEP

Hi! I'm Elanor and I'm about to start Year 13. In short, I already have an A* in Maths, I'm aiming for A*s in Further Maths and Computer Science, and I'm aiming for an A in Spanish (unless I drop it?). I might do AS Additional Further Maths.

[If there are missing words in my posts of just completely the wrong word, it's probably because my phone or tablet changed it for no reason. Autocorrect is bad most of the time but when I'm on TSR it somehow gets worse? Like I'll type a word and it will disappear when I press space????????]

My A Level subjects:
Spoiler:
Show

Maths
Grade achieved in Year 12: A* in the full A Level
UMS average 94.67%
Individual UMS: C1 95 C2 95 C3 98 C4 97 S1 96 M1 87
(basically I got the same raw marks in C1-4 which meant I got a higher UMS in the harder exams)

Further maths
Grade in Year 12: N/A
Predicted grade: Pending
My target: A*
Units: FP1, FP2, FP3, D1, M2, S2 (I'm also self-studying D2 which might end up as part of the A Level if I do better in it)

Computer science
Grade in Year 12: A in internal exam, sitting 2016 AS paper.
My target: A*

Spanish
Grade in Year 12: B in internal exam, sitting a mix of AS and A Level papers. I got an A in the written papers but a C in the speaking
My target: A (it don't think A* is ever going to happen)

I'm also planning on doing STEP II and III. I'm hoping to get an offer from a uni that requires STEP and I think the offer is usually 1,1. Even if I don't get an offer (or I get an that miraculously doesn't require STEP) I think I'll still do the papers.

My GCSEs (and other Year 10/11 qualifications)
Spoiler:
Show

GCSE Grade A*:
Edexcel Maths
Edexcel Level1/Level 2 Biology
Edexcel Level1/Level 2 Chemistry
Edexcel Level1/Level 2 Physics
Edexcel RS
Edexcel History
Edexcel Spanish
OCR Computing
OCR Health and Social Care
OCR Engineering

GCSE Grade A:
AQA English Literature
AQA English Language
AQA Level 1/Level 2 Preparation for Working Life
Edexcel Short Course PE

Other Qualifications:
AS AQA General Studies (A)
OCR FSMQ Additional Maths (A)

Post index (or technically a contents, but index sounds better)

About me and my targets
Spoiler:
Show

Why am I aiming so high?
I think I would probably be able to achieve the A Level grades I've given myself as a target if I were to consistently work hard throughout the year, but I really struggle to do that - I've got used to being able to not try too hard and still get results I'm (mostly) happy with, so I want to make myself work harder. It's not that I'm just lazy, or that I don't give myself time to study, but rather that I tend to get pretty stressed, and this leads me to either procrastinate or literally do nothing (unsurprisingly, this leads to more stress). I want a goal to focus on. Hopefully, knowing that I'll be telling other people whether or not I'm doing what I should to meet that goal will pressure me (in a good way) to actually work hard.

In short: I hope that aiming high will make me work harder because I haven't worked hard in the past.

The STEP grades I'm aiming for are a different matter. I haven't tried any of STEP II and STEP III yet, and I haven't done an entire STEP I paper so I have no idea how realistic this is (probably not very). Luckily, if I do get a uni offer including STEP, the uni will most likely allow me to do a very similar course... the first challenge is getting an offer though!

What kind of things will I be posting?
I'm not completely sure yet! Hopefully a mixture of things. I suppose I'll post updates on what grades I'm getting in reports and tests, if I'm keeping up with all my homework, maybe talk about my study schedule and things like that? I might post pictures of to-do lists, how I organise things? It will pretty much be whatever I feel like posting.

What do you do outside of school?
Like... almost nothing? I was on a Youth Council for 3 years but I left about a month ago. I have friends that I sometimes do things with (usually playing video games or watching something at someone's house). I'm in a relationship. I spend a lot of time checking TSR.

I do a few extra things within school - I'm a prefect (until October), I did the Student Robotics competition and might do it again in Year 13, I attended LGBTQ+ Society and I'm considering running it now that the people who ran it last year have left, but first I find out who you need permission from to run a club. I'll be involved in charity week in October (the idea is that this gives teachers something extra to write about on your UCAS reference but mine will have been written before charity week so I'm really just doing it because my friends are).

I'm going on be aiming to post updates a couple of times a week. I tend to write long posts! I also have a "studyblr" on Tumblr and some of my posts on there might end up here so I'm not spending too much time writing posts.

Hiya,
Can you tell me experience on A-level Further Maths. I am considering it but frightened by the level of difficulty. I am currently on a grade 8 (A*). But I'm afraid I will fail or I may not enjoy it! Do you enjoy it? How is the workload and difficulty? And the exams?
Lelanor
Rep:
?
(Original post by Lemur14)
You're welcome
Not compared to what's been going on this evening I cleared them at 11pm the previous night as well...it's just been mad this week!
I put my phone down 40 minutes ago and since then I've received 250 messages from unmuted chats and probably more from the muted ones :O
Hopefully the chats I'm in will die down a bit in the next few days, I like talking to people but I just can't keep up and it's also really distracting.
Lelanor
Rep:
?
Monday 15th January 2018

I stayed up reaaaaaaaallllllly late last night, don't think I went to sleep until after 2 am... whoops! That meant I really struggled to get out of bed (but tbh I always struggle a lot, even if I go to bed early), and I only had about 15 minutes before I had to get on the bus. Luckily the bus was a few minutes late so I made it!

The weather was awful this morning, so while I was walking from the bus to school I had to hold my hood up because it was so windy :O

I had maths first, we finished Maclaurin and Taylor expansions from FP3. As we're having a test on Wednesday on everything so far, we asked the teacher if she had put the most recent topic with each teacher in the test (which is a pretty reasonable question) but she wouldn't answer :/

Then I had a free, where I intended to revise for the maths test, but after going to the cafe for a chocolate muffin and talking to my friends, I only got two questions on FP2 series done (which I didn't really need to revise anyway tbh).

Next I had Spanish, which I didn't enjoy. It wasn't too difficult for a change, but I just didn't like the lesson.

At lunch I just talked with my friends again. I should probably start using my free time more productively.

In afternoon form time, my form had to clean up the common room. We have a rota because the two common rooms are always so messy. I don't quite understand how people manage to leave so much rubbish everywhere?? We have so many bins!

After form I had Computer Science. I'm not enjoying it very much at the moment as I didn't really understand the last topic and the current one isn't much better (@ Cambridge I'm not good at this, why do you want me??) but I struggled through and got most of the worksheet questions right. We still haven't been given back the test we did last Monday, but to be fair I haven't given in the form my teacher wanted by last Monday so I can't really complain...

Last was maths again, FP3 this time, on conics. My teacher sarcastically criticised the sketch I drew of a question for being too small . I was fine with the diagram and finished the question without drawing a better diagram, just to prove him wrong. He also let us out late because he was too excited about showing us an example question :rolleyes:. I had to speed walk to my bus.

When I got home I decided to cook myself dinner (chicken stir-fry) but I messed it up a bit and it wasn't as good as usual. I take a pretty long time to cook things so by the time I'd finished eating it was nearly 6 p.m.!

Since then I've been trying to make a timeline of the events leading to the Spanish Civil War, and I'm also supposed to add the events of the war. However, I've been putting way too much detail in, so it's taking ages. My teacher intended for us to do the whole thing in our lesson tomorrow but I knew I'd want to add too much detail so I've spent a few hours researching. I really wish I just had a textbook about the historical side, in addition to the textbook we have that's full of reading/listening/grammar/translation exercises about it. It's hard to learn the facts from those things, and I can't understand what's going on without an ordered list of events showing how everything unfolded.

I've been trying to keep a diary since the beginning of this year, which means I'm going to be writing about my day twice? I'm going to have to make both descriptions shorter and leave myself a bit more time!

I'm going to keep tagging the same people, but please tell me if you don't want to be tagged!

Spoiler:
Show

(Original post by The Night King)
x
x
(Original post by plklupu)
x
(Original post by Samendra)
x
(Original post by Bob Stanley)
x
(Original post by Tormund)
x
(Original post by Lucofthewoods)
x
x

Lelanor
Rep:
?
(Original post by amypops)
Hiya,
Can you tell me experience on A-level Further Maths. I am considering it but frightened by the level of difficulty. I am currently on a grade 8 (A*). But I'm afraid I will fail or I may not enjoy it! Do you enjoy it? How is the workload and difficulty? And the exams?
Hi! I'm probably going to write loads if I start answering this question now, so I'm going to set a reminder for myself to answer it when I have some more time (probably Wednesday), hope you don't mind
Moonzyx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Tag me in future posts
amypops
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hi! I'm probably going to write loads if I start answering this question now, so I'm going to set a reminder for myself to answer it when I have some more time (probably Wednesday), hope you don't mind
Yeah sure but I need to fill in my application form tomorrow, would you be able to say a few brief information?
If not, Wednesday please. I am so confused at the moment
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (126)
18.1%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.59%
Not great so far... (250)
35.92%
I want to drop out! (128)
18.39%

Watched Threads