How do I defer my place at uni for this coming year?

Watch
rozzie d
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
How do I defer my place at Uni for this coming year? And how long do I have to let them know? When should i cancel my accomodation?
Tomm98
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rozzie d)
How do I defer my place at Uni for this coming year? And how long do I have to let them know? When should i cancel my accomodation?
It's not often that easy - if you've signed an accommodation contract (even with the uni) then you will still be liable to pay a substantial proportion of this.
Bernadette04
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
UCAS warn all applicants when applying that they are entering into binding contracts when making firm and insurance Uni choices. It is down to the individual university whether they will release you from this contract.

You need to phone them tomorrow (Tues) and work through your options. At this stage they are under no obligation to defer your place until 2018. So they may ask you to reapply through UCAS next year. Also you may end up having to pay for either your first term of halls or the whole year depending on your accomodation contract, so be prepared for that too.

The only thing that can sort this is direct and urgent communication with the admissions staff, so get onto it ASAP!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (180)
14.5%
I'm not sure (57)
4.59%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (367)
29.57%
I have already dropped out (36)
2.9%
I'm not a current university student (601)
48.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed