The Student Room Group

TV shows that are overrated.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Kallisto
No wonder, the named above were from the 80, some of those TV shows even from 70s!

I remember watching 9 of those shows mentioned.

I quite enjoyed the majority of them tbh, i'm a bit shocked they're being mentioned in this topic..........
I really want to like Black Mirror because I love Charlie Brooker, I think he borders on genius at times and is one of the most important British people in TV, but a lot of the episodes are just way too outlandish for me to find credible.

I love Breaking Bad but I don't think it's the best thing ever broadcast and I think Better Call Saul is better overall. I never liked the flash forwarding it did, I don't think TV shows should do that, it doesn't really work, I think writers should just foreshadow instead.

I've also never been able to bring myself to watch Seinfeld. I probably will at some point but there's just so much about it that puts me off, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

I used to think Game of Thrones was legitimately the best show on TV, probably ever, but Seasons 5 and 7 are quite bad at times and Season 7 especially was terrible at times and I'm honestly worried at the pace it's going now. There are so many characters that get away with utterly baffling and stupid choices because they have plot armour while other good characters have been killed off prematurely or not been given the time they deserved.
Black Mirror is the worst tv show I have ever seen. Why is the rating so high???
Original post by elisabeth1
Black Mirror is the worst tv show I have ever seen. Why is the rating so high???

What didn't you like about it?
The Walking Dead and Pretty Little Liars are AWFUL
Original post by username2926188
GOT. Maybe people watch it because of kit Harrington or Emilia Clarke?

I mean GOT made Kit harrington and Emilia Clarke, so i dont think so.
The Vampire Diaries
13 Reasons Why
Stranger Things

tbh, all the netflix originals....
Original post by clarkey500
The Only Way is Essex
Made in Chelsea
Geordie Shore
Love Island
RuPaul's Drag Race

I don't know how anybody can watch them.

What's wrong with RuPaul's Drag Race?
Original post by ForgetMe
What's wrong with RuPaul's Drag Race?

I think it's probably because in the morning to get ready, I would have a certain channel on (can't remember which) and at the start (and possibly end) of every break they would show the same Drag Race advert for months and it got so repetitive and got on my nerves! :biggrin:

Then a lot of people were talking about it on Facebook and all I could think of was the advert getting on my nerves!
I think it's probably because in the morning to get ready, I would have a certain channel on (can't remember which) and at the start (and possibly end) of every break they would show the same Drag Race advert for months and it got so repetitive and got on my nerves! :biggrin:

Then a lot of people were talking about it on Facebook and all I could think of was the advert getting on my nerves!

But did you actually watched the show itself? :lol:
Original post by ForgetMe
But did you actually watched the show itself? :lol:

Just watched half an hour of an episode (S6E01) on YouTube, as I'm quite open to new opinions/ideas to explore, but I still wouldn't go out of my way to watch it I'm afraid!

It just wasn't doing it for me; however, I could see why some people would be interested in the show.
Reply 71
Original post by barnetlad
Mrs Browns Boys.

Glad I'm not the only one! Really don't find it funny at all and seem to draw a lot of ideas from classics like Father Ted
Friends.
Reply 73

It just wasn't doing it for me; however, I could see why some people would be interested in the show.

I thought it was crazy at first but now I love it! Think it's actually a really clever show that highlights a range of things and topics whilst never taking itself too seriously :smile:
love island, riverdale.
rick & morty
Original post by elisabeth1

Because you have awful taste.

South Park is overrated.

Rick and Morty is good but also overrated by it's toxic fanbase.
Original post by Flx1
I thought it was crazy at first but now I love it! Think it's actually a really clever show that highlights a range of things and topics whilst never taking itself too seriously :smile:

In the episode I mentioned, they designed and created their own dresses to fit a certain style - which was clever. However, it just didn't do it for me.
Just watched half an hour of an episode (S6E01) on YouTube, as I'm quite open to new opinions/ideas to explore, but I still wouldn't go out of my way to watch it I'm afraid!

Everyone has a different taste in shows :tongue:
Drake and Josh is the TV series I find overrated at the moment,

Have watched the episodes, but the humour is so artificial and so forced that I don't regard it as funny.

Quick Reply

Latest