Sainsburys Watch

SSD2001
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I am looking for a part time job and sainsburys ask for two references, I have one from work experience and it asks for one educational one. Can i just put the school I attended or do I need to put a specific teacher.
Thanks.
SSD2001
Rep:
?
Bump
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by SSD2001)
Bump
You just put your headteacher or form tutor.
SSD2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
You just put your headteacher or form tutor.
Could you get away with just putting the school.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Could you get away with just putting the school.
Of course not, a reference comes from a real person, that's the whole point of them. They'll need to know which real person to ask to get the reference from, why do you not want to put your headteacher or your form tutor?
Jahir
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I just put my school. had no problem. I got into Sainsbury's.
Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
SSD2001
Rep:
?
(Original post by Jahir)
Did you just put the name of the school not a specific person?
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Jahir)
They will still ask to speak to a real person, the OP is being very evasive as to why they don't want to put the names of any teachers involved in his school life.

The school building cannot give you a reference, it's an inanimate object. They will still ask to get a reference from a real person, or you'd never get a reference at all.
Jahir
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I can't remember but I left the school details definitely. if I can remember the most I left was a name because I don't know any teachers emails etc.
SSD2001
Rep:
?
Bump
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Bump
I've already told you the answer, multiple times (the other poster says as well that he gave a name). If you're a bad student and don't want to give the names of any of your teachers, that's your issue and you only have yourself to blame. Sainsbury's will want to get a reference from a real person, they won't just call the school and hang up. The whole point of references is for a real person to indicate that you're suitable for a job, based on their knowledge of you. If that knowledge of you isn't great then it's likely you won't get the job, simple.
SSD2001
Rep:
?
I would have a good reference but I do not know my teachers school email etc... so I wanted to know if sainsburys contacted the school would they just direct them to my form tutor etc...
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I would have a good reference but I do not know my teachers school email etc... so I wanted to know if sainsburys contacted the school would they just direct them to my form tutor etc...
You put a name, the school and the school's phone number. The receptionist will take the call and ask who they want to speak to, then put them through. By the time you've applied and Sainsbury's has looked at your application, it will be (or nearly be) term time and your headteacher and form tutor will be contactable either way through the phone. It's not very difficult.
111davey1
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sainsbury's is dead with me. went to three interviews, failed three interviews.
12ksmith
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am looking for a part time job and sainsburys ask for two references, I have one from work experience and it asks for one educational one. Can i just put the school I attended or do I need to put a specific teacher.
Thanks.
I'll be a fake reference for £5
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
Generally it's polite to ask the person before you put them down as a reference.

It's illegal to give a bad reference. The worst reference will simply say how many days off you've had in the last year, how long you've been there for, and nothing else.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by FXX)
Generally it's polite to ask the person before you put them down as a reference.

It's illegal to give a bad reference. The worst reference will simply say how many days off you've had in the last year, how long you've been there for, and nothing else.
It is in no way illegal to give a bad reference, this is a common misconception. Generally people don't give bad references as they fear being sued in an employment tribunal for defamation of character, but it is perfectly legal to give a bad reference, especially when it is justified.
FXX
Badges: 18
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Glassapple)
It is in no way illegal to give a bad reference, this is a common misconception. Generally people don't give bad references as they fear being sued in an employment tribunal for defamation of character, but it is perfectly legal to give a bad reference, especially when it is justified.
Yeah, you're right.

However, I've completed a few references now and some take forever. So if someone doesn't like you they'll just put what I've said anyway. They won't want to spend more time than they need to to complete it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (89)
16.57%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (55)
10.24%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (96)
17.88%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (81)
15.08%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (54)
10.06%
How can I be the best version of myself? (162)
30.17%

Watched Threads