considering2
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So i know this isn't the best place to ask this sort of question but why not give it a try.

So basically my iphone was updating to 10.3.3 and it failed and went into recovery mode and is stuck, ive tried everything from hard resetting it to trying to update it on itunes, it says I have to restore it.

So I have alot of photos i've taken over the holiday and I wanted to see if i could back up all the pictures from iphone to icloud. (i have an ipad+iphone, the ipad is working fine and i've used the same Apple account for the iphone and ipad) I wanted to see if i turn on "icloud photo library" will it upload the pictures from my Iphone as well as my ipad or just my ipad.

(My icloud storage is full and i don't want to buy more storage to see if it works or not)
considering2
Rep:
?
So the question is, if i turn on the "icloud photo library" feature, does it upload the pictures from my ipad only, or from my Iphone aswell which is stuck in recovery mode at the moment
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by considering2)
So i know this isn't the best place to ask this sort of question but why not give it a try.

So basically my iphone was updating to 10.3.3 and it failed and went into recovery mode and is stuck, ive tried everything from hard resetting it to trying to update it on itunes, it says I have to restore it.

So I have alot of photos i've taken over the holiday and I wanted to see if i could back up all the pictures from iphone to icloud. (i have an ipad+iphone, the ipad is working fine and i've used the same Apple account for the iphone and ipad) I wanted to see if i turn on "icloud photo library" will it upload the pictures from my Iphone as well as my ipad or just my ipad.

(My icloud storage is full and i don't want to buy more storage to see if it works or not)
Hey there!

To get you the best responses, this thread should be in the Mobile phones foru. I'll just tag AngryJellyfish to get this moved over there for you

It does sound like you'll have to restore from an earlier back up, did you not back up before updating?
considering2
Rep:
?
thank you, and oops sorry im new :P.

Nope i did not as i was on holiday, stupid of me though, my last back up was in february which sucks too.
RoyalSheepy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by considering2)
thank you, and oops sorry im new :P.

Nope i did not as i was on holiday, stupid of me though, my last back up was in february which sucks too.
Not a problem! Welcome to TSR! :jumphug:

I would advise calling Apple Support, they're great at fixing stuff over the phone. I think there may be another way other than restoring from a back up tbf.
considering2
Rep:
?
Ah okay ^_^ thank you ill give that a go!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (31)
32.63%
No - I have already returned home (10)
10.53%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (22)
23.16%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (6)
6.32%
No - I live at home during term anyway (26)
27.37%

Watched Threads