phone call from college re. apprenticeship application

Watch
tgwktm
  • Study Helper
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
i received a phone message from the college who run the business/admin apprenticeship training i have applied for a few days ago. the message was pretty vague just asked me to call them back. i'm very new to the whole apprentice application process so i was wondering if anyone has any idea of what the phone call might be about? i need to ring them back but i would like some idea of what it might be about, in case it is something like a phone interview. i mean does the college or the employer interview you when you apply for an apprenticeship? i was always under the impression it was the employer but now i'm not sure.
Juno
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by tgwktm)
i received a phone message from the college who run the business/admin apprenticeship training i have applied for a few days ago. the message was pretty vague just asked me to call them back. i'm very new to the whole apprentice application process so i was wondering if anyone has any idea of what the phone call might be about? i need to ring them back but i would like some idea of what it might be about, in case it is something like a phone interview. i mean does the college or the employer interview you when you apply for an apprenticeship? i was always under the impression it was the employer but now i'm not sure.
It could be anything, ffs. It could be that you didn't fill in the form correctly, or that they wanted to clarify something about the course (eg start date or location), or it could be that the course is full, or it could be that they want to talk to you about why you want to do it. But nobody here is ever going to be able to answer this question.
squirrology
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
The apprenticeship application process is very different depending on employer or provider, they could be calling you about anything...

When I received phone calls from my degree apprenticeship employer, they would only call me to notify me that I successfully passed each stage i.e Application/Online Test, Interview and Assessment Centre
Guy_Specs
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
In most cases the application is handled by the college/training provider as they are the same people who will be delivering your training.

Yes you need to get back to them ASAP, they will take down your basic details and academic achievements (GCSEs and A-levels etc). They normally send across your application to the employer whereby you could be offered an interview.

Good luck with your applications
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (226)
61.08%
No (77)
20.81%
Not sure (67)
18.11%

Watched Threads