The Student Room Group

Compelling Personal Reason

Hello,

I know that student finance England can provide extra 3 + 1 year of funding if you have to repeat the year.

2013/14 I had to leave in may 2014 as I could not attend my exams because of medical reason as I am diagnose with a long term illness & I am with university student support wellbeing team who I see an advisor to keep the university in the loop with my school and tutor so they know what is going on,
then since 14/15 I had to repeated again,15/16 I passed,
16/17 I failed because of the on & off on going medical treatment that was impacteing my studies,
Now I have the received the new treatment in November 2016 where my doctors was waiting almost 2 years for the funding to be approved to give me the new treatment,
while the current treatment wasn't controlling mine condition properly and there was a lot problems,
but now I am on the new treatment there has been a big improvement then the current treatment & I am medically stable now according to my doctor & there will be less appointment and interruption on my studies.

As I have to repeat 16/17 on 17/18 that 2nd year,

On the SFE my turtion fees is £0, no grant and I only get maintenance loan.

I rang up student finance straight away they said I have to go through the CPR which year affected my studies I said medical ground, so I can receive another 2 years of funding.

So I have sent my GP letter, my hospital consultant letter and my university letter all update evidences, explaining about my condition, how it affected my studies and the treatment.

Can SFE accept the CPR for this reason and give me 2 extra year of funding as I am getting medically stable and clear?

Thanks
(edited 6 years ago)
Original post by Khanali1993
Hello,

I know that student finance England can provide extra 3 + 1 year of funding if you have to repeat the year.

2013/14 I had to leave in may 2014 as I could not attend my exams because of medical reason as I am diagnose with a long term illness & I am with university student support wellbeing team who I see an advisor to keep the university in the loop with my school and tutor so they know what is going on,
then since 14/15 I had to repeated again,15/16 I passed,
16/17 I failed because of the on & off on going medical treatment that was impacteing my studies,
Now I have the received the new treatment in November 2016 where my doctors was waiting almost 2 years for the funding to be approved to give me the new treatment,
while the current treatment wasn't controlling mine condition properly and there was a lot problems,
but now I am on the new treatment there has been a big improvement then the current treatment & I am medically stable now according to my doctor & there will be less appointment and interruption on my studies.

As I have to repeat 16/17 on 17/18 that 2nd year,

On the SFE my turtion fees is £0, no grant and I only get maintenance loan.

I rang up student finance straight away they said I have to go through the CPR which year affected my studies I said medical ground, so I can receive another 2 years of funding.

So I have sent my GP letter, my hospital consultant letter and my university letter all update evidences, explaining about my condition, how it affected my studies and the treatment.

Can SFE accept the CPR for this reason and give me 2 extra year of funding as I am getting medically stable and clear?

Thanks

Hi Khanali,

All CPR claims are unique and all evidence will be reviewed by an Assessor and a decision will be made on a case by case basis.
There are no limits to the amount of times CPR can be considered. However, CPR can only be applied once per academic year, although a student can make multiple CPR claims as long as they relate to different academic years.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Khanali,

All CPR claims are unique and all evidence will be reviewed by an Assessor and a decision will be made on a case by case basis.
There are no limits to the amount of times CPR can be considered. However, CPR can only be applied once per academic year, although a student can make multiple CPR claims as long as they relate to different academic years.

Thanks

Hello Louise,

Oh okay that fine so now I have to wait for a update from SFE on my online account once the asssor reviewed my evidences, I hope it is enough I sent like 52 worth documents pages, I got text they receive it and wait 4 weeks.

My uni starts on the 25/09/2017, what happen if it don't get approved?, but surely it should be approved the letters I sent it's all clear what happen to me on which year is related to.

Thank you
Original post by Khanali1993
Hello Louise,

Oh okay that fine so now I have to wait for a update from SFE on my online account once the asssor reviewed my evidences, I hope it is enough I sent like 52 worth documents pages, I got text they receive it and wait 4 weeks.

My uni starts on the 25/09/2017, what happen if it don't get approved?, but surely it should be approved the letters I sent it's all clear what happen to me on which year is related to.

Thank you

Hi Khanali1993,

I would suggest that you wait for SFE to review and consider your evidence. Compelling personal reasons are reviewed on an individual case by case basis.

Thanks
Reply 4
Original post by Louise E SFE
Hi Khanali1993,

I would suggest that you wait for SFE to review and consider your evidence. Compelling personal reasons are reviewed on an individual case by case basis.

Thanks

Hello Louise,

Okay I will wait for SFE to get back to me before I go back to uni.

Thank You

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending