The Student Room Group

Medical topics for EPQ help

Since I thought I'd do far worse on my GCSEs than in reality, I was going to pursue computer science and write an EPQ around the theories of our Universe being a computer simulation.

Now that I'm going to try and go down the medical route, what are some good ideas for an interesting EPQ? I was considering writing an essay around DMT/Ayahuasca and it's effects on the human mind and body, yet worry there won't be enough content on the internet to source or learn from.
Reply 1
Original post by ZombieTheWolf
Since I thought I'd do far worse on my GCSEs than in reality, I was going to pursue computer science and write an EPQ around the theories of our Universe being a computer simulation.

Now that I'm going to try and go down the medical route, what are some good ideas for an interesting EPQ? I was considering writing an essay around DMT/Ayahuasca and it's effects on the human mind and body, yet worry there won't be enough content on the internet to source or learn from.

I love this route, psychedelics have always been an interest for me. Rather than discussing DMT/ayahuasca, maybe you could discuss psilocybin and LSD? There's a lot more information out there on those, including clinic trials, scientific articles on microdosing, and also anecdotal information. You could discuss the credibility of different sources and also look at negative health impacts
Original post by Amefish
I love this route, psychedelics have always been an interest for me. Rather than discussing DMT/ayahuasca, maybe you could discuss psilocybin and LSD? There's a lot more information out there on those, including clinic trials, scientific articles on microdosing, and also anecdotal information. You could discuss the credibility of different sources and also look at negative health impacts

Thank you! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending