physics a-level did i get in Watch

the cookie
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
To do physics for a-level you have to get BB in sciences or a B in physics,also a 6 or above in maths. i got a C in core science but a B in additional. i got Bs in biology,chemistry and physics and a 7 in mathematics. did i get in? and could you please explain the requirments to get in as i think it means you have to get 2Bs in core and additional or a B in core and a B in physics itself,this also includes the 6 above in maths as well to take the subject...please explain.
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by the cookie)
To do physics for a-level you have to get BB in sciences or a B in physics,also a 6 or above in maths. i got a C in core science but a B in additional. i got Bs in biology,chemistry and physics and a 7 in mathematics. did i get in? and could you please explain the requirments to get in as i think it means you have to get 2Bs in core and additional or a B in core and a B in physics itself,this also includes the 6 above in maths as well to take the subject...please explain.
The 'or B in physics' means for people who did 3 science GCSEs, in separate chemistry, biology and physics, not the physics parts of core and additional science. As the requirements are BB in core and additional science or B in the separate physics GCSE, you didn't get in as you got CB.
black1blade
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Did you get a B in the physics section of core because if so you might be able to persuade them although the requirement is there for a reason. Got a friend got an A* in gcse physics and maths and he scrapped a C at physics as level and hated it.
the cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
The 'or B in physics' means for people who did 3 science GCSEs, in separate chemistry, biology and physics, not the physics parts of core and additional science. As the requirements are BB in core and additional science or B in the sepesrate physics GCSE, you didn't get in as you got CB.
ok-please explain the triple science to me and does everyone do it
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
ok-please explain the triple science to me and does everyone do it
Not everyone does triple science, you didn't. Triple science is where you do an additional unit at GCSE for chemistry, biology and physics and you get 3 GCSEs from it, instead of the 2 for core and additional. The 3 GCSEs are titled chemistry, biology and physics instead of just core and additional science.

Where it says B in physics, this means for people who did the 3 science GCSEs and got a B in physics. You got a B in the physics part of your GCSE but you didn't get a B overall in the core GCSE, so you haven't met the requirement.
the cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by black1blade)
Did you get a B in the physics section of core because if so you might be able to persuade them although the requirement is there for a reason. Got a friend got an A* in gcse physics and maths and he scrapped a C at physics as level and hated it.
yes i did
the cookie
Rep:
?
(Original post by Glassapple)
Not everyone does triple science, you didn't. Triple science is where you do an additional unit at GCSE for chemistry, biology and physics and you get 3 GCSEs from it, instead of the 2 for core and additional. The 3 GCSEs are titled chemistry, biology and physics instead of just core and additional science.

Where it says B in physics, this means for people who did the 3 science GCSEs and got a B in physics. You got a B in the physics part of your GCSE but you didn't get a B overall in the core GCSE, so you haven't met the requirement.
but for my additional science i did 3 separate gcses isn't that the same and also is triple science unit 2.
username2911200
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
but for my additional science i did 3 separate gcses isn't that the same
No, you did a unit in each of chemistry, biology and physics, not 3 GCSEs. Imagine doing the same amount of content you did in year 11, all over again but with different content, as well as doing everything you already did, that's what triple science is. You did double science as you have core and additional, people who did triple science don't have GCSEs called core and additional science, their GCSEs are called chemistry, biology and physics.

Triple science is unit 3.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Bath
    Undergraduate Virtual Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Ravensbourne University London
    School of Design, School of Media Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19
  • Leeds Trinity University
    PGCE Open Day Further education
    Sat, 23 Feb '19

Do you have a food intolerance or allergy?

Yes - a food intolerance (26)
11.06%
Yes - a food allergy (24)
10.21%
Yes - an autoimmune disorder (i.e coeliac, colitis) (7)
2.98%
Yes - I have an intolerance and allergy (8)
3.4%
No (170)
72.34%

Watched Threads