Joseph Critcher
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Everyone who is on TSR that I have seen have got 8/9s or A/A* in every subject. My question to you is WHAT IS YOUR SECRET or How do you do it?
IvoryToast
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Joseph Critcher)
Everyone who is on TSR that I have seen have got 8/9s or A/A* in every subject. My question to you is WHAT IS YOUR SECRET or How do you do it?
At GCSE level, going to lessons, doing homework set. Then in study leave i did a maths revision booklet i bought, re-read the books for english and annotated the poetry book and got my dad to ask me keywords from my science revision guide. I didn't feel i did much work back then but I think it was more than some others.

GCSE's as awful as it may sound do distinguish those willing and naturally able to enjoy studying enough to pursue education and those who would be better off not who can choose another path.

GCSE's are also an opportunity to realise how you work best, what subjects you don't mind revising and as such decide on your future options.

Also exam technique is a big part at GCSE, a lot of people are taking exams for the first time and these are important. However, worrying only decreases performance, you will get what you get and if the knowledge is there from paying attention in class all year it will come out and you will get what you do.

Also, avoid this site if you are prone to worrying. Too many people on here are from the top 1% and seem to be discussing their route to Cambridge from around year 8. Years 10 and 11 are still times to have fun and noone should be devoting much hometime to studying at this age, because trust me once at sixth form and more so at uni that is when the real work starts
thotproduct
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
hard work?
GCSE pupil
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I achieved 8 A*s and 2 As.

Unfortunately, this year , the GCSE examintations coincided with ramadan, meaning that I wasnt able to sudy during that period. Fortunately, I was able to rely on my knowledge because I have treated every lesson during the past 2 years seriously and payed attention through them. My advice to you is, if you are yet to submit your exams, to make sure you understamd everything in every lesson so things dont start to accumalate at the end. This will only stress you out.

In my case, throughout the past 2 years, stress has worked in my favour. To study, I left things until desdlines , only studied starting 1 am , and got very lottle sleep. This worked for me, you need to find the method that works for you.

Approaching exams, I did all past papers available for all subjects I am taking. I cannot begin to emphasise how helpful it was. Many questions were repeated (or just phrase differently). Also, having gone through all these questions, I was much calmer during the actual exams.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (334)
55.57%
I don't have everything I need (267)
44.43%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

Oops, nobody has posted
in the last few hours.

Why not re-start the conversation?

Start new discussion

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise