thegerglishboy
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
I am deciding between studying Psychology and Biomedical Science at uni. With biomedical science I am not quite show what profession I will go in whereas Clinical Psychology could be a path to go in. Is that any good?

Another factor is that to study biomedical science I would be applying for Uni's such as Brunel whereas with Psychology I could try my luck at Imperial, UCL ,etc.

Advice?!?!
thegerglishboy
Rep:
?
Thanks for the replies everyone
gradmed305
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thegerglishboy)
Thanks for the replies everyone
Lmao.

I hear that the path to become a clinical psychologist is very hard considering how saturated the market is. If you don't know what you want to do, may I suggest taking a gap year or going out and getting a job instead?

Also, what are your grades? Why is their such a jump between the universities you could apply to?
thegerglishboy
Rep:
?
(Original post by gradmed305)
Lmao.

I hear that the path to become a clinical psychologist is very hard considering how saturated the market is. If you don't know what you want to do, may I suggest taking a gap year or going out and getting a job instead?

Also, what are your grades? Why is their such a jump between the universities you could apply to?
The jump is due to the fact that most of the top universities require Biology and Chemistry whereas for Psychology it is more of simple entry requirements.

My grades are AAB with the B in Psychology and A in Economics and Chemistry.

Economics is my ideal degree however the issue of no maths has a serious effect on the unis available.

Respect to you sir for replying
gradmed305
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by thegerglishboy)
The jump is due to the fact that most of the top universities require Biology and Chemistry whereas for Psychology it is more of simple entry requirements.

My grades are AAB with the B in Psychology and A in Economics and Chemistry.

Economics is my ideal degree however the issue of no maths has a serious effect on the unis available.

Respect to you sir for replying
*ma'am.

Ok so far you want to do Biomed, Psychology and Economics. If economics is your ideal degree then why didn't you study maths?

Why do you want to go to university when you aren't even set on what you want to study?
dabresha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi
dabresha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hi
dabresha
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by dabresha)
hi
need an advise
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (16)
40%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (4)
10%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (2)
5%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (9)
22.5%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (4)
10%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (5)
12.5%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed