How do I know if I exceeded the line limit?

Watch
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
So I've written my personal statement and it has 3994 characters (with spaces).

What font size/type are personal statements when I put it in the UCAS application? Currently I'm using times new roman 12pt.

Also, is there a way for people to review my personal statement on this website?
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Baaah)

What font size/type are personal statements when I put it in the UCAS application? Currently I'm using times new roman 12pt.

Also, is there a way for people to review my personal statement on this website?
You copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and it tells you how many lines you've used, I really hope you haven't been writing it in the UCAS online box where you submit it...
Blue_Cow
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Baaah)

The font size/font doesn't matter - UCAS will automatically change it to the default font/size as soon as you paste it into your UCAS Apply portal.

TSR has a dedicated PS Review service which is free and run by approved volunteers, and it is sent via a secure area meaning it won't be cached.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/con...SR-PS-reviewer

DO NOT send it to anyone via PM - You have no control as to what they do with it. Someone could copy it, or plaster it all over the internet making it cached and therefore gets your PS flagged by the UCAS Plagiarism software.
C_Yap
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by Glassapple)
You copy and paste it into Microsoft Word and it tells you how many lines you've used, I really hope you haven't been writing it in the UCAS online box where you submit it...
No I haven't been writing it in on ucas

What font type and size does UCAS use? Or should I paste it in ucas form then copy and paste it back to microsoft word?
username2911200
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Baaah)
No I haven't been writing it in on ucas

What font type and size does UCAS use? Or should I paste it in ucas form then copy and paste it back to microsoft word?
Paste it there and back so there's no discrepancy, it will auto to what they want when you paste it into Word.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.71%
I don't have everything I need (229)
44.29%

Watched Threads