The Student Room Group

TV Licence for Uni?

My university accommodation has no TV Licence cover at all, and they recommend that you buy one in order to use laptop/phone for BBC Iplayer. Although at first glance the TV Licencer's appear to say the same thing, there is a clause that puts this necessity into question.

Attachment not found

If I were to use my laptop/phone solely on battery power and not plugged in whilst watching BBC Iplayer, I am supposedly still covered by my home addresses licence. Is this accurate? Therefore removing any need for me to obtain one?

Any advice/comment would be helpful.
(edited 6 years ago)
You could just not watch BBC iPlayer... Then you won't need a TV license. You don't need one for Netflix, NowTV etc
There were always a lot of letters from TV licencing at my student accommodation. They were always addressed "to the occupant" and they were quickly binned by the accommodation office. There's nothing they can do, so watch away.
Reply 3
Original post by Graduate_Medic
You could just not watch BBC iPlayer... Then you won't need a TV license. You don't need one for Netflix, NowTV etc

I am aware of that. This was specifically questioned to being able to use BBC Iplayer, if I wanted to.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending