jijj
yeahthatonethere
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IUHQ)
Is law and English language good subjects for a level
It completely depends on what you want to do at Uni and as a job! We'd need that information before we could give advice. Also what other A levels would you take?

I know that some unis don't like people taking a Law A Level and others don't mind it. It is not required to do Law at uni but can help you develop skills you need.
IUHQ
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by yeahthatonethere)
It completely depends on what you want to do at Uni and as a job! We'd need that information before we could give advice. Also what other A levels would you take?

I know that some unis don't like people taking a Law A Level and others don't mind it. It is not required to do Law at uni but can help you develop skills you need.
Law Eng lang and a level applied science
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IUHQ)
Law Eng lang and a level applied science
Do you know what you want to do at university?
IUHQ
Rep:
?
Do you know what you want to do at university?
I don't think I can do anything with these 3 a levels
S
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IUHQ)
I don't think I can do anything with these 3 a levels
S
Well if uni is what you want to do and your choices aren't set in stone you could look at some courses you like and see if you need to change any to do that course.

I'm sure there are courses out there that would accept your A Level choices. For example for a Law degree at Newcastle, the website states you need AAA in no specified subjects.

As for if they're good subjects, a friend who took English Language really enjoyed it and has decided to take it on next year too. It is a good academic subject that is liked by unis.
IUHQ
Rep:
?
Well if uni is what you want to do and your choices aren't set in stone you could look at some courses you like and see if you need to change any to do that course.

I'm sure there are courses out there that would accept your A Level choices. For example for a Law degree at Newcastle, the website states you need AAA in no specified subjects.

As for if they're good subjects, a friend who took English Language really enjoyed it and has decided to take it on next year too. It is a good academic subject that is liked by unis.
I got a grade 7 in English Language for GCSES do you think I stand a chance at getting a B-A grade with effort for A Levels
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IUHQ)
I got a grade 7 in English Language for GCSES do you think I stand a chance at getting a B-A grade with effort for A Levels
What you get in GCSE has no bearing on what you get in A Level. I know people who didn't do well in GCSE and got good As Levels and people who did well at GCSE and didn't get good As Levels.

As long as you put the effort in, revise and work very hard you could get really good grades. So yeah I think you could!
IUHQ
Rep:
?
What you get in GCSE has no bearing on what you get in A Level. I know people who didn't do well in GCSE and got good As Levels and people who did well at GCSE and didn't get good As Levels.

As long as you put the effort in, revise and work very hard you could get really good grades. So yeah I think you could!
Yeah youre right, honestly I want to study law at uni, what do unis look for and which ones are more preferred for getting a Law degree
yeahthatonethere
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by IUHQ)
Yeah youre right, honestly I want to study law at uni, what do unis look for and which ones are more preferred for getting a Law degree
What unis look for depends from uni to uni. I'm looking into science degrees so I can't really help you but look at league tables! They give you an idea of the best unis based of of multiple criteria. Try to pick some unis with grades you hope/think you'll get but also pick some a bit lower just in case you don't get what you want.

Here are some league tables to look at:

https://www.thecompleteuniversitygui...rankings?s=law

https://www.theguardian.com/educatio...-table-for-law
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (103)
13.24%
I'm not sure (33)
4.24%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (241)
30.98%
I have already dropped out (19)
2.44%
I'm not a current university student (382)
49.1%

Watched Threads