Studying tips!

Watch this thread
megsalice_
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hi, I was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to get top grades in a Levels. Obviously working hard and studying lots is one but I really want to achieve A/A* in all 4 A Levels as I want to study Law at Oxford. If anyone had any tips they would be useful, thank you!
Black Rose
Badges: 21
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by megsalice_)
Hi, I was wondering if anybody had any tips on how to get top grades in a Levels. Obviously working hard and studying lots is one but I really want to achieve A/A* in all 4 A Levels as I want to study Law at Oxford. If anyone had any tips they would be useful, thank you!
What subjects are you going to study?
megsalice_
Rep:
(Original post by Black Rose)
What subjects are you going to study?
Psychology, Biology, History & Philosophy and Ethics
Black Rose
Report 4 years ago
Psychology, Biology, History & Philosophy and Ethics
They're pretty content heavy so make sure that you read the textbook and make your notes as you go along, keep up with the work, if you're stuck ask the teacher for help instead of leaving it for later, practise exam questions/essays as you go along.

I can give specific advice/links to websites for biology and psychology if you tell me your exam board.
megsalice_
Rep:
(Original post by Black Rose)
They're pretty content heavy so make sure that you read the textbook and make your notes as you go along, keep up with the work, if you're stuck ask the teacher for help instead of leaving it for later, practise exam questions/essays as you go along.

I can give specific advice/links to websites for biology and psychology if you tell me your exam board.
Thank you!! I'm using AQA for both :-)
Black Rose
Report 4 years ago
Thank you!! I'm using AQA for both :-)
I can only give advice for psychology..
- How to write 12/16 markers
- Don't ignore research methods, people often overlook it but it makes 50% of the second paper iirc and can sneakily come up in other papers
- If you ever forget an evaluation point, you can use some of the general ones from issues and debates (gender bias, nature vs nurture etc)
- Practise the 12/16 mark questions, they can come up as smaller 6/8 markers so if you know what to write for those (describe and evaluation points) then you'll be prepared for the smaller questions too
- Application questions are easy when you know the content but the best way to practise is from exam questions in specimen and past papers, make sure you look at the mark scheme when doing these as they will tell you exactly what you need to get each mark
gw07mcgheerachel
Badges: 18
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4998046 Hi there, please check out my study tips blog
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (38)
26.21%
As I expected (47)
32.41%
Harder (53)
36.55%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (7)
4.83%

Watched Threads