The Student Room Group

Tuition fees???

I had been studying a four year course for 3 years before I quit due to personal reasons, so i thought that reapplying for a new 3 year course I would be due at least 1 more year of tuition fee loan, so I don't understand why I am apparently not getting it. I have had friends who have switched course after several years and still received a loan. What is going on?
Reply 1
Original post by oxygenthief
I had been studying a four year course for 3 years before I quit due to personal reasons, so i thought that reapplying for a new 3 year course I would be due at least 1 more year of tuition fee loan, so I don't understand why I am apparently not getting it. I have had friends who have switched course after several years and still received a loan. What is going on?

SFE work backwards. Your last year of the new course will be funded. You need to fund the first few years yourself.
Reply 2
That's a terrible system, wouldn't it be better to leave us with some time to magic 9 grand out of the air from.
Reply 3
That's a terrible system, wouldn't it be better to leave us with some time to magic 9 grand out of the air from.

No, it's a fantastic system. Otherwise, someone could just keep having multiple attempts at first year and waste tax payers money. If you need more time to get the money then you have the option of taking some years out from education and getting a job.

Hi oxygenthief,
The rules regarding previous study states that students are entitled to the ordinary duration of their course plus 1 extra year, minus any previous study. The remaining years of entitlement will be awarded in the final years of the course.
You may want us to consider your compelling personal reasons (CPR) as to why you had to leave your previous course in order for us to consider awarding an extra year of fee support.You would have to send Student Finance a letter detailing your CPR along with any evidence of your mitigating circumstances.
We recommend the letter is signed and dated , confirming why you could not complete your studies and when this took place along with any evidence such as a letter from a Doctor or the University on headed paper confirming the circumstances. The this not exhaustive, but we recommend that you send as much evidence as possible in order for Student Finance to make a decision on awarding CPR.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending