The Student Room Group
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Team Leicester Sport at Uni of Leicester

Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can provide any more information on sport at Leicester. I've looked through the universities pages regarding sports and gym memberships at the university. I assume to play for a sports club you need a team Leicester membership, is there any way of getting this membership without paying the gym membership as stated on the website? If so how much is this membership?

I was also wondering what kind of support is offered to the universities sports teams? are clubs offered nutrition and strength and conditioning support?

Thanks
Original post by CSmithson91
Hey,

Just wondering if anyone can provide any more information on sport at Leicester. I've looked through the universities pages regarding sports and gym memberships at the university. I assume to play for a sports club you need a team Leicester membership, is there any way of getting this membership without paying the gym membership as stated on the website? If so how much is this membership?

I was also wondering what kind of support is offered to the universities sports teams? are clubs offered nutrition and strength and conditioning support?

Thanks

Hi!

In order to be a part of Team Leicester you will need both a sports membership and a Team Leicester club membership. As you can see here (http://www2.le.ac.uk/offices/sports/student-membership) there are a couple of options in regards to the sports membership you can purchase and what benefits you receive. Each club will have an individual club membership price, so this would depend on what club you were looking to join.

The Team Leicester clubs receive lots of support from Sport & Active Life, this can be in the form of a club development contact who is responsible for developing the club so that the club members get the best possible experience. Moving forward into this year there will be an Strength and Conditioning offer, however individuals who purchase a gold membership are able to benefit from individual programmes through our many fitness advisors at our sports centres.

If you would like more information on any of this please email [email protected]

I hope this helps! :smile:

Shauna
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending