HSBC Student Account Amazon card - haven't received it yet! Watch

Artemis_
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Anyone else having this problem? I was promised a £60 Amazon voucher and a 1 year prime membership for opening a student account with HSBC, which I did on results day. I've made an account with HSBC Student Exclusives but there's no option anywhere to redeem this Amazon offer. It clearly states in the Terms and Conditions that there should be.

I've emailed them 2 times and nobody has replied. I even phoned them just now, waited for ages and nobody picked up.

Has anyone actually gotten their Amazon gift card yet??
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Artemis_)
Anyone else having this problem? I was promised a £60 Amazon voucher and a 1 year prime membership for opening a student account with HSBC, which I did on results day. I've made an account with HSBC Student Exclusives but there's no option anywhere to redeem this Amazon offer. It clearly states in the Terms and Conditions that there should be.

I've emailed them 2 times and nobody has replied. I even phoned them just now, waited for ages and nobody picked up.

You may not be eligible. On their website it says you had to open the account in the time between 24 July 2017 and midnight on 31 October 2017
Elslater98
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Artemis_)

I've got my gift card but can't seem to be able to redeem my 12 months free. They give you one code and it appears when you click on the amazon option on the student exclusives website once you've signed up
carpe.noctem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Elslater98)
I've got my gift card but can't seem to be able to redeem my 12 months free. They give you one code and it appears when you click on the amazon option on the student exclusives website once you've signed up
apparently once you enter the code it is supposed to give you the prime as well automatically but when I entered it I just got the voucher not the prime so I don't know what to do.
anony-mousse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carpe.noctem)
apparently once you enter the code it is supposed to give you the prime as well automatically but when I entered it I just got the voucher not the prime so I don't know what to do.
Any update on this? I also only got the voucher and no prime

I think I read somewhere about it taking up to 5 days so I guess I'll wait at least that long before investigating
carpe.noctem
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by anony-mousse)
Any update on this? I also only got the voucher and no prime

I think I read somewhere about it taking up to 5 days so I guess I'll wait at least that long before investigating
I emailed amazon and they gave me the prime now
anony-mousse
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by carpe.noctem)
I emailed amazon and they gave me the prime now
Ah thanks! I guess I just have to sit and wait for them to respond now.
Hania91
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'm having the same problem. Added the £60 voucher, but the prime isn't coming up! Weird.
musicalmedic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Hania91)
I'm having the same problem. Added the £60 voucher, but the prime isn't coming up! Weird.
Any solutions?! I have the same problem - got the voucher but not the 1 year prime
musicalmedic
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by musicalmedic)
Any solutions?! I have the same problem - got the voucher but not the 1 year prime
I also emailed amazon and they were completely useless
Nand0
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Same problem for me
likeaskyscraper
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi! I have signed up for the student exclusives website but can not find how to claim the voucher or the Prime on there? Where did the option to claim the voucher come up on yours please?! Thank you
djrson
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I have this same problem!! Does it get posted to you? I haven't received anything by post or email and I don't know who I call HSBC or Amazon? Help!
shacks22
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
How long did it take to get the email for activation and was it separate to the initial email I got saying "your welcome pack"?
clarencce
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I just checked back on my hsbc exclusives page and have got a separate code for the prime student but I can't redeem it in the same way as the £60 gift card though so not sure hot to actually use it.
GRO502
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
where abouts on the student exclusives website is the voucher? I've tried searching and emailing HSBC, no help whatsoever
clarencce
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by GRO502)
where abouts on the student exclusives website is the voucher? I've tried searching and emailing HSBC, no help whatsoever
You have to go onto the "claim amazon voucher" part then if I remember correctly I had to do some sort of verification and then the code for the £60 gift card comes up then up to 5 days later the code for prime should come up as well.
amz.wavey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I had the same issue ; activated the £60 voucher and prime didn't activate and amazon were useless and told me to contact HSBC and they obviously didn't reply to my emails. Just checked my HSBC student exclusives site and there was another code for prime which did work. So just wait a few days and the code should appear after
clarencce
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Where did you enter the prime code??
amz.wavey
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
where they've listed the code theres a link taking you to amazon site- click that and it should work
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Would you turn to a teacher if you were being bullied?

Yes (60)
23.81%
No (192)
76.19%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise