The Student Room Group

Is it still possible to do the edexcel maths old specification

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Injective
Hey guys,

My younger sibling is doing the old spec in Maths and Further Maths and can confirm will be available.

Is he doing them for the first time - both AS/A2 (C1, C2)?
edexcel.PNG
Original post by thekidwhogames
Is he doing them for the first time - both AS/A2 (C1, C2)?

Yes. Here is what was said to him via email.
Reply 22
Is it possible for someone who hasn't sat the C1/C2 to sit them alongside C3/C4 for the first time next year?

Is this what you are planning to do? If it is, what are your reasons for wanting to do the modular as opposed to the linear spec? And are you not learning A Level with your school?
Original post by Notnek
Is this what you are planning to do? If it is, what are your reasons for wanting to do the modular as opposed to the linear spec? And are you not learning A Level with your school?

I don't really mind either one but if I sit the new linear, I've been told that I can't have one old spec and one new spec. I'm self-learning Maths/FM but I've recent been going through the year 1/year 2 CGP guides released for the nw spec so I don't mind doing that spec but isn't it better having both old rather than one new, one old?
Original post by Injective
edexcel.PNG

Yes. Here is what was said to him via email.

Alright, thank you very much! But what do you mean by 'registered' - am I meant to have already registered?
Reply 25
I don't really mind either one but if I sit the new linear, I've been told that I can't have one old spec and one new spec. I'm self-learning Maths/FM but I've recent been going through the year 1/year 2 CGP guides released for the nw spec so I don't mind doing that spec but isn't it better having both old rather than one new, one old?

Why can't you do both new?
Original post by Notnek
Why can't you do both new?

I think the first exam for FM A level is in summer 2019. I may be moving countries next year (for a couple of years) so I may not be able to sit FM in that country (I checked if there are IAL there). Also, even if I don't move - I was thinking I finish my Maths main exams next year so that I can begin to focus on challenges or STEP or other subjects that I'd like to pursue, etc.
Reply 27
I think the first exam for FM A level is in summer 2019. I may be moving countries next year (for a couple of years) so I may not be able to sit FM in that country (I checked if there are IAL there). Also, even if I don't move - I was thinking I finish my Maths main exams next year so that I can begin to focus on challenges or STEP or other subjects that I'd like to pursue, etc.

If you're planning to do all maths/FM exams next year then it's probably best to do the old spec for both.
Original post by Notnek
If you're planning to do all maths/FM exams next year then it's probably best to do the old spec for both.

Alright, thanks a lot!

Quick Reply

Latest