The Student Room Group

OCR FSMQ Additional Mathematics: 6993/01 - 19 Jun 2018 [Exam Discussion]

Scroll to see replies

Original post by iFluffle
Yeah I didn't get the opportunity to take it in year 11 and I wanted the qualification so I just sat it this year.

Fair enough
Original post by B54321
Who got s=t^2 for one of the questions?

Yes! Hopefully that’s a couple of marks on that disaster of a paper
Original post by 66pp66
i tried 2009 to 2017 papers. they were nothing near this level of difficulty. was hoping to celebrate s is my last paper. just feeling uncertain now
This is my last exam too- I don’t feel excited for the holidays at all.
Reply 63
The lowest grade boundary i believe was for the 2016 paper which was 59 for an A. Hopefully it will be lower for this year's paper
Reply 64
I could not do a single question...
Original post by Umaurma
This is my last exam too- I don’t feel excited for the holidays at all.

there is no resit n yet they hv made this paper tough
Original post by sangsan
The lowest grade boundary i believe was for the 2016 paper which was 59 for an A. Hopefully it will be lower for this year's paper

din understand this grade boundary thingy. m doing this paper externally. do u mean 59 marks is A?
Original post by 66pp66
there is no resit n yet they hv made this paper tough
oh ****... well I guess I will have to carry a u with me for the rest of my life
Original post by nicole3315nicole
Yes! Hopefully that’s a couple of marks on that disaster of a paper

got this mechani Q too. my only consolation.
Reply 69
Original post by 66pp66
din understand this grade boundary thingy. m doing this paper externally. do u mean 59 marks is A?

The raw mark needed for an A on the 2016 additional maths paper was 59
Original post by B54321
Who got s=t^2 for one of the questions?

got this one too
Original post by Umaurma
oh ****... well I guess I will have to carry a u with me for the rest of my life

don give up yet, we r all in the same boat. mayb grade boundaries will work to our favour
Original post by 66pp66
don give up yet, we r all in the same boat. mayb grade boundaries will work to our favour

n btw, u grade has no certificate. so u wont hv to tell anyone abt this paper
Original post by Umaurma
Same- especially the garage door question- what the hell was that? I spent a while trying to even visualise it

murderer that Q is
Reply 74
On the answer where sinθ was 1/5, for the answer with tan θ did anyone else rationalise the denominator?
(edited 5 years ago)
Yh I did like root 6 divided by 12
Original post by B54321
On the answer where sinθ was 1/5, for the answer with tan θ did anyone else rationalise the denominator?
Reply 76
When you do every past paper you could get hold of and the exam board decides to make it harder than every single one ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Such a difficult exam! Did anyone get the values of m for the y=mx-2 circles question?
(edited 5 years ago)
what did people get for the question about the circle? there were two questions about these tangents y = mx - 2 and a circle and i answered none of them, they were worth like 10 marks together
I think m was meant to be -root 18 and root 18 but I only realised after so I just wrote 1 and -1 ugh this is so annoying. I acc think I haven’t even got half.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending