Driving test tomorrow and no where near test standard

Watch
jesschantellexxx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
My instructor says that it's most likely that I will fail my test as I am not test standard and keeps making a point that I am no where near it. Yet he told me not to cancel it last week! So now I feel like I'm paying £100 when it is inevitable to fail. Just makes me fell kinda sh*tty knowing I don't have a chance. Anyone else been here?
Sammylou40
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
You may find you drive better if you think the pressure is off
It's too late to cancel now so just chalk it up to experience, although an expensive one
You may pass, you may not. That applies to everyone
But there's no sense in your instructor giving you false hope.
IWMTom
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Tagging AngryJellyfish to move this to Learning to Drive.
username2476735
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Even if you do fail, it's still very useful knowing how the process works, experience doing a test etc. I failed my first time but I was so much calmer for the second time as I knew what to expect.
username3508706
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
I failed mine 5 times due to silly mistakes I didn't do during the lessons. My instructor was 100% sure I was ready, as on lessons I drove without problems. Yet on the day my nerves got to me. Don't give up hope because you will get there. If you fail tomorrow you will not only have at least gave it a go, but you'll also learn how tests are conducted and know what to expect next time. Good luck either way, and let us know how you got on.
Anonymous #1
Report 3 years ago
My boyfriend failed his first test but he said it actually really helped him because he knew what to improve on when re-taking the test. He aced his second test. The curse comes with a blessing (: stay positive
username3510528
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Good luck, believe in yourself
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by jesschantellexxx)
My instructor says that it's most likely that I will fail my test as I am not test standard and keeps making a point that I am no where near it. Yet he told me not to cancel it last week! So now I feel like I'm paying £100 when it is inevitable to fail. Just makes me fell kinda sh*tty knowing I don't have a chance. Anyone else been here?
Why is it costing £100?!
chelseadagg3r
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Okay, calm down. Your instructor shouldn't be so rough with you. You need to stay calm though, or you'll be more likely to panic and make mistakes. You can't reschedule it now, so what happens just happens. You aren't guaranteed to fail. If you've covered everything, then you have every opportunity to pass tomorrow. If you don't pass, it isn't the end of the world. You'll know how the test feels, what the centre looks like, you'll have done one of the test routes, met an examiner etc. That will help you loads in preparation for your next try
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niteninja1)
Why is it costing £100?!
Test costs £62, most people do an hour beforehand, which is another £20-25. The instructor may also charge for the use of their car during the test
Scorpio.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Honestly, it sounds like you need to find a new instructor. Your instructor should only tell you when you need to book your test when they think you're ready. Do YOU feel like you're test ready?

Though tbh, if the test is tomorrow, you should just take it. It's waaaay too late to get it refunded or change the date. Best of luck, but if it does result in a fail, (it could even go well remember) look at changing instructors. You need one who will encourage and have confidence in you.
Btw, did he ever conduct a mock test with you?
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The same thing kind of happened to me. My instructor said that I could do it even though I believed there was no chance in me passing. I just had to face it and do my best regardless of what I or anyone thought. All you need to do it believe in yourself and show everything that you've learned and you'll be fine.
niteninja1
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by cherryred90s)
Test costs £62, most people do an hour beforehand, which is another £20-25. The instructor may also charge for the use of their car during the test
25£ a hour I paid £10
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by niteninja1)
25£ a hour I paid £10
It varies. I paid £22 ph
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
It varies. I paid £22 ph
For lessons?
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Black Water)
For lessons?
Yes
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Yes
Oh right, I didn't pay anything lol.
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
even if you fail you can see how the tests works and you'll feel more ready for the next one, so don't worry too much about passing, it's good to make mistakes and improve from them
cherryred90s
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by Black Water)
Oh right, I didn't pay anything lol.
Why?
S2M
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Why?
My dad taught me.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (520)
33.74%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (638)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (313)
20.31%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (70)
4.54%

Watched Threads