Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

YaY going to become rich! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    My brother does medicine, him and lots of other medical students i've spoken to claim that the hardest part is getting in, then the first 2-3 years are easy and the last two get progressively harder. Countless people have told me there are easier ways of making more money, for someone with the intellect to get into medicine. Having said that, some consultant doctors are on £300,000 a year, but they must work welllll hard...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 4th year at Nottingham.

Getting in wasn't a problem (4 straight forward offers). Try 11 exams in a week, covering perhaps a whole years worth of work for 1 of your as/a2 for each exam. Not so easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joyabbott)
    Getting in wasn't a problem (4 straight forward offers). Try 11 exams in a week, covering perhaps a whole years worth of work for 1 of your as/a2 for each exam. Not so easy.
    :eek: so much for med students saying the first year is the toughest!

ReputationRep:
    that was in my 1st and 2nd year (Notts has now changed the course by the way incase you're worried!!!!)

Basically, the word 'easy' cannot be combined with medicine. It's demanding/challenging. Most of the concepts are fairly straightforward to be honest, but there is a huge amount to learn.

ReputationRep:
    that was in my 1st and 2nd year (Notts has now changed the course by the way incase you're worried!!!!)

Basically, the word 'easy' cannot be combined with medicine. It's demanding/challenging. Most of the concepts are fairly straightforward to be honest, but there is a huge amount to learn.
    is it anything like A Level chemistry where there was a hell of a large amount to learn for the synoptic as well as it being imposible to understand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mad Caddie)
    Most qualified doctors actually admit to simpyl doing the job for the money and the status. Its a fact.
    In that case, I would give it 3 years post-qual before they have a nervous breakdown...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fluffy)
    In that case, I would give it 3 years post-qual before they have a nervous breakdown...

Glad i got that bit out of the way then :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm a 4th year at Nottingham.

my bros a 4th year at Sheffield, might be easier there...

ReputationRep:
    I know the job is high pressured but not much problem solving in comparison to pure/applied maths and physics then(not trying to make it sound easy, but I've heard that most geniuses do mathematical/physical sciences. Though the admissions is the second hardest after oxbridge and one or two law courses)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamity jane)
    I know the job is high pressured but not much problem solving in comparison to pure/applied maths and physics then(not trying to make it sound easy, but I've heard that most geniuses do mathematical/physical sciences. Though the admissions is the second hardest after oxbridge and one or two law courses)
    WHAT WHAT WHAT????
    Surely the whole point of the job is to solve people probelms :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by calamity jane)
    Some people really have no idea... :rolleyes:

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2004
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.