too many legs.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi guys,

I'm looking into taking up Arabic as an A-level, but as a private candidate.

I'm not sure how to go about it though - I know that Cambridge International provides A-level in Arabic (I believe without a speaking assessment either), but are there other boards that are easier/more suitable for private candidates?

Has anyone had experience studying A-level Arabic by themselves? Or any other languages?

Where do I even start?!

Thank youuu in advance x
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by too many legs.)
Hi guys,

I'm not sure how to go about it though - I know that Cambridge International provides A-level in Arabic (I believe without a speaking assessment either), but are there other boards that are easier/more suitable for private candidates?

Has anyone had experience studying A-level Arabic by themselves? Or any other languages?

Where do I even start?!

Thank youuu in advance x
Use Google or contact the main exam boards to see who does it.
Find the spec .
Pay for the exam fee
Find a private test centre.
Study the subject material
Sit the exam.

If you are a native speaker, then they will treat your A level accordingly. Ok if its a 4th or 5th.
junaidullah1989
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hi guys,

Where do I even start?!

Thank youuu in advance x
hiya!
i did my A levels Arabic, let me know if you struggle with anything, more than happy to help. i achievedan A in AS and an overall B just a few marks away from an A
too many legs.
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
(Original post by junaidullah1989)
hiya!
i did my A levels Arabic, let me know if you struggle with anything, more than happy to help. i achievedan A in AS and an overall B just a few marks away from an A
Thank you so much! Did you study it with your school or externally?
junaidullah1989
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Thank you so much! Did you study it with your school or externally?
I studied it at a private institute (not a college), the institute runs Islamic theology courses for 6 years wherein you master classical Arabic texts. Part of the course was to also do the A levels in Arabic, which was a pretty much of a piece of cake if you have mastered classical Arabic
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Who is winning Euro 2020

France (119)
27.11%
England (156)
35.54%
Belgium (33)
7.52%
Germany (43)
9.79%
Spain (10)
2.28%
Italy (38)
8.66%
Netherlands (14)
3.19%
Other (Tell us who) (26)
5.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise