rakso181
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Hi
We've been given until the 4th September to choose our optional modules for first-year philosophy and I was wondering if any Bristol philosophy students have any advice or recommendations on which to pick? Its between Aristotle, Plato, Philosophy of Science, Empiricism and Hume (I have to pick 2)
Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Casie30
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Hey,It said for me that the deadline is the 6th (which is today). For teaching block 1 which Units/Modules of Philosophy did you pick?
rakso181
Rep:
?
(Original post by aish30)
Hey,It said for me that the deadline is the 6th (which is today). For teaching block 1 which Units/Modules of Philosophy did you pick?
Yeah they'd forgotten to give the TB1 optional modules for the one i was talking about. I picked Plato, Paradoxes and Modern Political Philo for TB1 and Metaphysics, Aristotle and Hume for TB2.
Casie30
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
(Original post by rakso181)
Yeah they'd forgotten to give the TB1 optional modules for the one i was talking about. I picked Plato, Paradoxes and Modern Political Philo for TB1 and Metaphysics, Aristotle and Hume for TB2.
Ah sweet. Sorry if this is a bit late but personally would of recommended Philosophy of Science since I did that a bit in my Sociology A2. Did you consider any of the Open units?

I wanted to do some but I realised it would make me sacrifice certain Philosophy modules :/
rakso181
Rep:
?
(Original post by aish30)
Ah sweet. Sorry if this is a bit late but personally would of recommended Philosophy of Science since I did that a bit in my Sociology A2. Did you consider any of the Open units?

I wanted to do some but I realised it would make me sacrifice certain Philosophy modules :/
yeah i wanted to do open units too but i knew u can quite easily change modules once you're there if u hate one
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Which of these would you use to help with making uni decisions?

Webinars (66)
12.13%
Virtual campus tours/open days (132)
24.26%
Live streaming events (47)
8.64%
Online AMAs/guest lectures (52)
9.56%
A uni comparison tool (127)
23.35%
An in-person event when available (120)
22.06%