The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Anybody studying History

Just wondering because i'm thinking of doing it and was wondering if anybody has studied it and maybe could give me some advice and what the course was like and if it is worth doing.
Reply 1
ok then
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes
Original post by AdrianC2
Just wondering because i'm thinking of doing it and was wondering if anybody has studied it and maybe could give me some advice and what the course was like and if it is worth doing.

What module are you doing first?
Reply 3
I haven't signed up for anything yet, was thinking about starting up in February so I can have more time to think about what i'm gonna do cause I felt like I was rushing into it.
Original post by AdrianC2
I haven't signed up for anything yet, was thinking about starting up in February so I can have more time to think about what i'm gonna do cause I felt like I was rushing into it.

O, I see. Well, I did the Stage 1 humanities modules (which are the same modules you will do on a history degree). You start with AA100 which is a very broad introduction into the humanities, you study a range of topics including history, literature, classical studies, art history, music etc. You can then choose your second module from a range of options. Once you get to Stage 2, you can focus entirely on history (BA History), or you can choose to combine History with another subject (BA Arts and Humanities).

Did you have any specific questions?
Reply 5
hey...Im going to Strathclyde next week to start my history degree. I will keep you posted. it seems like it will be really interesting!
Reply 6
Thanks Guys

Quick Reply

Latest