History A-Level Coursework (please help!)

Watch this thread
username3511548
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am about to start my coursework but I have no clue how to write the introduction, without making it sound like GCSE coursework, please help? My title is 'Was Anti-Semitism due to racial ideology throughout Europe between 1845-1945?"
JT_888
Badges: 20
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by daisy faith)
I am about to start my coursework but I have no clue how to write the introduction, without making it sound like GCSE coursework, please help? My title is 'Was Anti-Semitism due to racial ideology throughout Europe between 1845-1945?"
Perhaps look at examples from the exam board, they should be on the exam board's website. Gingerbread101 does do a lot of essay marking, so she'll be in the best position to give you some advice about how to start an introduction in general. Hope this helps.
username3511548
Rep:
(Original post by CoffeeAndPolitics)
Perhaps look at examples from the exam board, they should be on the exam board's website. Gingerbread101 does do a lot of essay marking, so she'll be in the best position to give you some advice about how to start an introduction in general. Hope this helps.
Oooo that's great!! I'll check her out, thank you so much
WhiteyBread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Oooo that's great!! I'll check her out, thank you so much
It's quite nice to start with a quote, fact or statistic of some kind that gives a background to your question. Then expand on what different factors are involved and how the general population view these factors. Try to just keep your writing as sophisticated as possible and don't try to follow a set structure, that's what will make it look like GCSE work
username3511548
Rep:
(Original post by Gingerbread101)
It's quite nice to start with a quote, fact or statistic of some kind that gives a background to your question. Then expand on what different factors are involved and how the general population view these factors. Try to just keep your writing as sophisticated as possible and don't try to follow a set structure, that's what will make it look like GCSE work
So would you suggest addressing each point I will be making and talk about what is is and then maybe an event that links to it?
WhiteyBread101
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
So would you suggest addressing each point I will be making and talk about what is is and then maybe an event that links to it?
Only talk about them in brief, just mentioning what they are and hinting at your conclusion. Don't go into too much detail, save the words for your main paragraphs
marishax17
Rep:
Report 3 years ago
Hiya, just wondering if you would be able to give me any help or guidance about this history course work question as I have an extremely similar question and I am realy struggling with the coursework?!
(Original post by username3511548)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Does school Maths prepare people well enough for the future?

Yes, it gives everyone a good foundation for any future path (41)
32.03%
Somewhat, if your future involves maths/STEM (59)
46.09%
No, it doesn't teach enough practical life skills (27)
21.09%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
0.78%

Watched Threads