The Student Room Group

Paramedical science after graduating

Hi, I recently graduated (In may) and I am currently working in recruitment as I needed to get a job after finishing uni and i wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My degree is in sociology and criminology. I get no satisfaction from my job and have been looking for a while at doing paramedical science. Is it possible to do paramedical science after already having a degree? Is it a 3 year course? Do any universities take on after September? And will I need experience to get into a course? Thank you
Original post by Mark61095
Hi, I recently graduated (In may) and I am currently working in recruitment as I needed to get a job after finishing uni and i wasn't sure what I wanted to do. My degree is in sociology and criminology. I get no satisfaction from my job and have been looking for a while at doing paramedical science. Is it possible to do paramedical science after already having a degree? Is it a 3 year course? Do any universities take on after September? And will I need experience to get into a course? Thank you

Yes you can though you may not get funding for it. It is a 3 year course and I believe the only intake is September unfortunately. Having work experience will help a lot and will certainly be needed for your personal statement.
Reply 2
Original post by alleycat393
Yes you can though you may not get funding for it. It is a 3 year course and I believe the only intake is September unfortunately. Having work experience will help a lot and will certainly be needed for your personal statement.

Does that mean I would have to pay for the course up front ?
Original post by Mark61095
Does that mean I would have to pay for the course up front ?

Not necessarily up front as there will be payment plans but yes you'll have to finance it yourself.
there maybe exceptions checkwiththe awards agency for yourself. health maybe allowed asa second degree

Quick Reply

Latest