The Student Room Group

1 mark GCSE

I was 1 mark away from getting a B in mathematics. Should I get a remark?
So the issue is that I need to take the sciences so I need a B in maths.
The remarks are going to come back in January and I cannot wait by then.
How do I convince my college to give me a place????
Yeah definitely! I'm suprised your high school haven't contacted you to put you in automatically. Call them up and ask about remarking your paper. Good luck for college!
Reply 2
Original post by Frankie-:)
Yeah definitely! I'm suprised your high school haven't contacted you to put you in automatically. Call them up and ask about remarking your paper. Good luck for college!

thnx a lot, also, hv u got any suggestion on how to convince my college to accept me as i only miss 1 mark from the entry requiremnt?
Original post by SId1223
thnx a lot, also, hv u got any suggestion on how to convince my college to accept me as i only miss 1 mark from the entry requiremnt?

Tell them it's being remarked, fromt this they'll know you got a high C and may evenaccept you anyway as you were so close.Also you could read up on the syllabus for the subjects you want to do and ask questions on enrollment/ induction. This proves you care about the subject and might mean they are more likely to let you do the subjects.
Reply 4
Original post by Frankie-:)
Tell them it's being remarked, fromt this they'll know you got a high C and may evenaccept you anyway as you were so close.Also you could read up on the syllabus for the subjects you want to do and ask questions on enrollment/ induction. This proves you care about the subject and might mean they are more likely to let you do the subjects.

I can't thank you enough.
Original post by SId1223
I can't thank you enough.

It's fine:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest