Xmen or Avengers ? Watch

username3494592
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
To be honest, I can't pick.

If we were to judge it by the movies (the avengers) would be my choice. This is only down to the better story lines and the fantastic casting (apart from the maximoffs...Like tf. Wanda is supposed to be alpha level powerful and her brother getting shot ?! I'm kinda hoping she'll learn more about her power and wield an infinity gem or something).

The Xmen series, is good as well (minus X-Men: The Last Stand, which was TERRIBLE). The movie(s) that stood out for me were X-men: First class and X-men: Days of future past. Combined with a fantastic performance from Michael Fassbender and James Mcavoy (as well as the quicksilver sequences; I think his character should be more involved in the story). Not to forget X2 (I'd argue the best).Though I feel like in the upcoming movie (The Dark Phoenix) the focus is shifting away from the three. And I guess that's because I NEVER liked Jean as a character no matter the actress. (Don't hate me lol)

If we were to go by comic books. Then I'd say they are both even...

ANYWAY

Just out of interest, I want to know what you guys think.
Personinsertname
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Boku no hero academia.
summer1311
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I've only seen the movies and i like both but both have short comings. I don't think I'm entirely up to date on either film series though :confused:

*If I had to choose I would probably say avengers.
Ruby1997
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
From the movies, the avengers movies are slightly better than x-men.
I prefer the x-men comics a bit more, and the games associated with x-men are better too! ☺️
_Ddraig_
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I personally rate Xmen: Days of Future Past to be the most well rounded Marvel film, albeit via Fox, to date. It's a shame the Xmen movies can't get some consistency though, as whilst I enjoyed Xmen: First Class, I was really disappointed by Xmen: Apocalypse.

The Avengers was good, but I felt it was somewhat over hyped (including Civil War). Age of Ultron appears to be the only film where most people can agree it was somewhat underwhelming.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Based just on the original X-Men and the Avengers, then it's pretty mixed for me. Based on the extended for both, then Avengers takes the edge!
lauraxkinney
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Honestly, I'm mixed on both. But, I would have to give it to the MCU. Although, they have bad ones like AOU in the MCU series, they have more good films that outway the bad for me. Their bad films, in my head, aren't as bad as the bad x-men films, like Apocalypse and the Last Stand. Like, Aou is better than apocalypse, and The Last Stand but they're both not great. I just feel like Fox's good x-men films like Days of Future Past, X2, Deadpool etc don't make up for their bad x-men films, like Apocalypse and The Last Stand, which were just so bad. It's easier to remember their bad films for how bad they were, basically, if you get my drift?. Also, I feel that Phoenix will be horrible. I just don't feel that Turner is that great an actress for Jean or generally - she's so mellow. But, I do prefer the x-men comics, so I'm really picky when it comes to the films. I just wish Fox had never brought the x-men/mutant rights. Maybe, it's just down to the fact that the MCU has more films overall that are good. I can't wait for Black Panther.
MysteriousEagle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'll go for Avengers. Logan is Old and dead now and Xavier is dead too,
serah.exe
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
I'd have to say x-men
somemightsay888
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Prefer X Men tbh. Marvel movies are good but they're very formulaic and 'manufactured'. I prefer X Men for taking more risks and dealing with more interesting subject matter. Although the X Men comics have been ass for years now unfortunately. X2 and Days of Future Past were so good, I can't believe how bad apocalypse was tbh. Apocalypse does nothing in the film and nobody carries any threat I feel.
chelseadagg3r
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Film wise, Avengers all the way. I like some of the earlier X-Men films, but the newer ones just aren't much good
asif007
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Tough decision, but I have to choose Avengers - purely because of Marvel's storytelling strategy. Before the first Avengers film came out in 2012, all of the three lead characters (Iron Man, Captain America, Thor) had at least one solo film each in which we learned more about their backgrounds. Having already established these characters allowed The Avengers to hit the ground running and jump straight into the action, resulting in a phenomenal superhero film that blows most others out of the water. The Avengers are event films which culminate the previous stories, and that makes them very satisfying as well as entertaining. See also Age Of Ultron and the huge hype for Infinity War coming next year. Marvel have perfected the superhero genre to such an extent that each film introduces a new corner of this universe. They even made obscure unknown characters like Guardians Of The Galaxy into two of the best films of the series.

While I have enjoyed every X-Men film to date and seen them all many times (including Last Stand and Apocalypse), Fox don't have the same long-term plan for their franchise. Now that Wolverine is gone and McAvoy/Fassbender/J-Law may not renew contracts after Dark Phoenix, it's hard to see where the films can go next. Unless New Mutants does well (risky with a cast of unknown actors) and Fox can finally sort out the Gambit film, the future of the series rests with Deadpool and the core X-Men stories. While that's exciting enough to keep me happy, R-rated and dark films won't appeal to family audiences in the same way that Marvel Studios do. Apart from Deadpool, they're also a lot more serious and sombre than the MCU films which are light-hearted and often very funny. Fox should also do the fans a favour and hand over the rights to Fantastic Four back to Marvel Studios, maybe in exchange for another character that won't be getting a film any time soon.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (208)
23.64%
Pop (218)
24.77%
Jazz (33)
3.75%
Classical (49)
5.57%
Hip-Hop (169)
19.2%