The Student Room Group

I really can't take this anymore

Cut a story short, I moved into my girlfriend's house due to being abused at home, and I am not happy here anymore.

I have an anxiety with her family (not going into detail about it), and my girlfriends mum has them round literally every day, and I am always scared stiff and depressed every day. I constantly wake up to banging every morning, and what's worse her mum has this thing where they have to sleep round at least once a week, but they are already here every day! Even my girlfriend is annoyed at this and she tries talking to her mum about it but her mum doesn't listen and she knows I have some sort of anxiety and it angers me even more because she doesn't care about it - yet she has agrophobia so she would know what anxiety is like.

Me being abused and moving in to my girlfriend's house to try and get away from everything just to have to be faced with this every day.... Can I ever have a break?! I am not happy anymore and it's making me and my girlfriend argue more. I can't go back to my old house, as I have already stated why, I have nowhere else to go, but I can't live like this anymore. I have lived here since April and now it is just too much.

I also keep my rodents here, and 2 days ago one of them passed away, and I can't even mourn in peace. I'm too scared to go downstairs to the toilet on my own (yeah the toilet is downstairs which makes things 10x worse). I can't go out because I'm too scared to go downstairs. It's just too much for me and I've already been through a lot. I just want to be happy. My girlfriend's mum just doesn't care, and me and my girlfriend think it's selfish.

The most stupid thing about this is, if me and my girlfriend make the slightest noise, her mum gets angry. Yet all the time, every morning at about 7-8am all I hear is banging and screaming, and laughing. I purchased ear plugs and now I have gotten into a habit where I can't sleep without them. But even with my earplugs in, I still get woken up by the noise. It's just not fair.

Me and my girlfriend have just finished college, and we are getting a job shortly, I don't know how I'm going to cope then. How am I going to come back from work without them being there? How am i going to sleep on my days off? I shouldn't have to live like this, no one should have to.

Thanks for reading, hope you all have a nice day/night.
Its not your house. It's their family. If you have anxiety and are scared to go downstairs then don't. Don't expect them not to come round because you don't like it. That's your problem, not theirs. Sounds like you're running from your problems.
Reply 2
It's her house even though she's a *****. She can't stop family coming over just because her daughter's bf has moved in and has anxiety issues.

Sit her down and nicely discuss things see if that helps and get some bloody professional help for yourself if youre not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Anonymous
Cut a story short, I moved into my girlfriend's house due to being abused at home, and I am not happy here anymore.

I have an anxiety with her family (not going into detail about it), and my girlfriends mum has them round literally every day, and I am always scared stiff and depressed every day. I constantly wake up to banging every morning, and what's worse her mum has this thing where they have to sleep round at least once a week, but they are already here every day! Even my girlfriend is annoyed at this and she tries talking to her mum about it but her mum doesn't listen and she knows I have some sort of anxiety and it angers me even more because she doesn't care about it - yet she has agrophobia so she would know what anxiety is like.

Me being abused and moving in to my girlfriend's house to try and get away from everything just to have to be faced with this every day.... Can I ever have a break?! I am not happy anymore and it's making me and my girlfriend argue more. I can't go back to my old house, as I have already stated why, I have nowhere else to go, but I can't live like this anymore. I have lived here since April and now it is just too much.

I also keep my rodents here, and 2 days ago one of them passed away, and I can't even mourn in peace. I'm too scared to go downstairs to the toilet on my own (yeah the toilet is downstairs which makes things 10x worse). I can't go out because I'm too scared to go downstairs. It's just too much for me and I've already been through a lot. I just want to be happy. My girlfriend's mum just doesn't care, and me and my girlfriend think it's selfish.

The most stupid thing about this is, if me and my girlfriend make the slightest noise, her mum gets angry. Yet all the time, every morning at about 7-8am all I hear is banging and screaming, and laughing. I purchased ear plugs and now I have gotten into a habit where I can't sleep without them. But even with my earplugs in, I still get woken up by the noise. It's just not fair.

Me and my girlfriend have just finished college, and we are getting a job shortly, I don't know how I'm going to cope then. How am I going to come back from work without them being there? How am i going to sleep on my days off? I shouldn't have to live like this, no one should have to.

Thanks for reading, hope you all have a nice day/night.

It's your girlfriend's house. If she's happy to have her family visiting then you just need to suck it up or move out.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending