The Student Room Group

When can we expect the loan to be sent to us?

Most of us have to pay for accommodation before or close to the days the maintenance loan is due to be sent to us.
For this reason, I am slightly concerned on whether we will have the money on time or not.
Will the loans be paid on the date stated on the student finance website, or a few days earlier or a few days later?
Original post by Shiby_123
Most of us have to pay for accommodation before or close to the days the maintenance loan is due to be sent to us.
For this reason, I am slightly concerned on whether we will have the money on time or not.
Will the loans be paid on the date stated on the student finance website, or a few days earlier or a few days later?

Hi Shiby_123,

Your payments will never be on an earlier date that is shown online. The date we provide online is an expected payment based on your start date. We need to make sure we have your NINO validated, declaration scanned and the last thing before any payments are released is confirmation of registration. Once we have this payments will change online from approved to submitted and give you the exact date it will be in your account.

Thanks Erin.
Reply 2
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi Shiby_123,

Your payments will never be on an earlier date that is shown online. The date we provide online is an expected payment based on your start date. We need to make sure we have your NINO validated, declaration scanned and the last thing before any payments are released is confirmation of registration. Once we have this payments will change online from approved to submitted and give you the exact date it will be in your account.

Thanks Erin.

Thanks for that Erin

Also my account still says "waiting confirmation" over the payments. This I find surprising as I applied in February/March for Student Finance and have sent all the necessary paperwork. Can you please confirm if I have to do anything at this stage or if this is normal.
Hi Shiby_123

When the account states waiting confirmation this means that the university need to send a confirmation of registration before any payment can be released. Once they said this the payment status will change to approved and then submitted to show the payment is on it's way to your account.

Thanks Miriam.

Quick Reply