Puffin Allen
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
If you have completed two years of a uni course, and through ill health had to drop out at the start of the third, what finance would be available to re-enter the degree, probably at the start of year two again. Ill health was detrimental to results in year two so I would want to repeat it.
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Puffin Allen,

So that I can answer your query correctly, could you please confirm when you dropped out of your third year, what is the name of the course you were doing and when you would be looking to return to your studies to do your second year?

Thanks
Puffin Allen
Rep:
?
(Original post by Laura S SFE)
Hi Puffin Allen,

So that I can answer your query correctly, could you please confirm when you dropped out of your third year, what is the name of the course you were doing and when you would be looking to return to your studies to do your second year?

Thanks
It was Philosophy, at Warwick, dropped out at start/middle of 2017. I would hope to return September 2018.
Laura S SFE
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Hi Puffin Allen,

Thank you for answering my questions. For returning to finish your course from the second year in September 2018 we would take into account your three years previous study. We look at the length of the course you are returning to and we add on an additional years funding and then deduct the number of years previous study. So this would be (3 + 1) - 3 = 1 year full entitlement.

We would award this one year full funding to the final year of your course and would block your support for repeating from second year. This would mean that you would have to self fund your tuition fees for your second year and would only be able to apply for means tested Maintenance Loan (ML) and Supplementary Grants such as (Parents' Learning Allowances, Childcare Grant, Adult Dependants' Grant and Disabled Students' Allowances) if applicable.

Since you indicated that you dropped out due to ill health you could apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for us to review your entitlement for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL). You would need to get a signed and dated letter from your GP detailing why you couldn't continue with your studies and the letter would need to confirm dates of when this took place. If you can get a letter from your University on headed paper to confirm this as well then this can be used as supporting evidence.

We need an application to assess your CPR against so you would need to apply for your course first when the applications open next year. You can send us your CPR evidence after this for us to consider. If accepted we will automatically add your TFL to your application.

Thanks
Puffin Allen
Rep:
?
[QUOTE=Laura S SFE;73540986]Hi Puffin Allen,

Thank you for answering my questions. For returning to finish your course from the second year in September 2018 we would take into account your three years previous study. We look at the length of the course you are returning to and we add on an additional years funding and then deduct the number of years previous study. So this would be (3 + 1) - 3 = 1 year full entitlement.

We would award this one year full funding to the final year of your course and would block your support for repeating from second year. This would mean that you would have to self fund your tuition fees for your second year and would only be able to apply for means tested Maintenance Loan (ML) and Supplementary Grants such as (Parents' Learning Allowances, Childcare Grant, Adult Dependants' Grant and Disabled Students' Allowances) if applicable.

Since you indicated that you dropped out due to ill health you could apply for Compelling Personal Reasons (CPR) for us to review your entitlement for a Tuition Fee Loan (TFL). You would need to get a signed and dated letter from your GP detailing why you couldn't continue with your studies and the letter would need to confirm dates of when this took place. If you can get a letter from your University on headed paper to confirm this as well then this can be used as supporting evidence.

We need an application to assess your CPR against so you would need to apply for your course first when the applications open next year. You can send us your CPR evidence after this for us to consider. If accepted we will automatically add your TFL to your application.

Thanks Laura, really helpful
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed