Doing 12 A Levels, AMA!

Watch this thread
TSREconomist100
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
Hello peeps, I am currently doing 12 A-Levels just to stimulate my amazing mind but I'll drop 9 of them at the end of Y12 in order to focus on 3.

My 12 A-Levels are:

Accounting, Archaeology, Critical Thinking, General Studies, Health & Social Care, Home Economics, Leisure Studies, Media Studies, Music Technology, Performance Studies, Sociology & Textiles.

I really want to get into Oxford in order to study Medicine so any advice would be greatly appreciated
Quizlet
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TSREconomist100)
Hello peeps, I am currently doing 12 A-Levels just to stimulate my amazing mind but I'll drop 9 of them at the end of Y12 in order to focus on 3.

My 12 A-Levels are:

Accounting, Archaeology, Critical Thinking, General Studies, Health & Social Care, Home Economics, Leisure Studies, Media Studies, Music Technology, Performance Studies, Sociology & Textiles.

I really want to get into Oxford in order to study Medicine so any advice would be greatly appreciated
Only 12?? That's not enough! You have to do at-least 15-18 A levels to even have a chance at Oxbridge. Please consider doing even more A levels.
S.G.
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

Fantastic career prospects. Keep it up.
username2281303
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

i presume this is a really bad joke, right?

zzZZzz
joshchamp125
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

Does 12 a levels wanting to do medicine, but the 12 doesn't include bio and Chem. 🤔🤔🤔
TSREconomist100
Rep:
(Original post by Quizlet)
Only 12?? That's not enough! You have to do at-least 15-18 A levels to even have a chance at Oxbridge. Please consider doing even more A levels.
Yep I'll Speak to my school to see If I can be entered for 3 more A-Levels to boost my chances.
Ninja_R
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
This troll.
Original Stabilo
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Quizlet)
I just noticed you wanted to do medicine but there's no Biology, Chemistry or Maths as your '12 A level options'. Weird.
TSREconomist100
Rep:
(Original post by joshchamp125)
Does 12 a levels wanting to do medicine, but the 12 doesn't include bio and Chem. 🤔🤔🤔
The extra 3 i'm going to go on to will be Maths, Bio & Chem so I'll have a good chance of getting into Oxford
ABCgcseABC
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
1. Biggest BS I've heard in a long time (no offence).

2. If true, then your school really needs a visit from Ofsted.

3. To study medicine in any uni, you need Biology, Chemistry and Maths and to have a chance to get into oxbridge, just take another subject which you think you will enjoy...
morese
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

i am sorry but none of them are preferred subjects for medicine i guess for medicine u need to do science like chemistry biology physics and maths, many universities including oxford do not count creative thinking and general studies , but archaeology, sociology, home economics and health and social care might be useful
Blake Jones
Badges: 16
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

Most unis don't count general studies and critical thinking so they'll only really recognise 10. Plus you won't be able to do medicine with these, you need chemistry and biology and probably physics or maths/further maths.

What exam board are archaeology and leisure studies with? I didn't even know they were A-levels.
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
lol those 12 A levels are bad
math42
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education...12-months.html
Blake Jones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
The extra 3 i'm going to go on to will be Maths, Bio & Chem so I'll have a good chance of getting into Oxford
This is a troll right? Or are you supposedly going to do these three two-year courses in one year?
Notnek
Rep:
Report 4 years ago

My 12 A-Levels are:

How tall are you?
TSREconomist100
Rep:
(Original post by Blake Jones)
Most unis don't count general studies and critical thinking so they'll only really recognise 10. Plus you won't be able to do medicine with these, you need chemistry and biology and probably physics or maths/further maths.

What exam board are archaeology and leisure studies with? I didn't even know they were A-levels.
Leisure Studies- Edexcel
Archaeology- AQA
Blake Jones
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ABCgcseABC)
1. Biggest BS I've heard in a long time (no offence).

2. If true, then your school really needs a visit from Ofsted.

3. To study medicine in any uni, you need Biology, Chemistry and Maths and to have a chance to get into oxbridge, just take another subject which you think you will enjoy...
Literally my thought process! XD
TSREconomist100
Rep:
(Original post by Notnek)
How tall are you?
Around 4'10"
Notnek
Rep:
Report 4 years ago
Around 4'10"
Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How did your AQA A-level Psychology Paper 1 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (275)
41.98%
The paper was reasonable (270)
41.22%
Not feeling great about that exam... (60)
9.16%
It was TERRIBLE (50)
7.63%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed