The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

The new A level system and what it means for future university applications.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bernadette04
Exactly! It's so completely bizarre! I am advising my son's friends parents now who are completely alarmed at the 11th hour he needs them to make up over £100 PM in rent and to pay for his living costs until he gets a part time job...the whole London Uni cost of living scenario seems to have alluded them all. It was the first thing I looked at with my sons to be honest before they went looking at courses. Sorry to have gone off topic on the thread, but I thought I was missing something entirely on seeing these threads popping up this week...glad you agree!

Oh god no - seriously it's not just you. I think all us 'adults' have been baffled by the carefree nature that some students, and to be fair their parents too, take to suddenly facing up to the hard economics of uni - and all after the place has been accepted, offers of accommodation made and signed etc. Crazy. Not all students are like this, by any means, but there are definitely a sizeable minority who don't really seem to have even figured this into their deliberations.
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending