The Student Room Group

Resitting Gcse you never took

hi, could i do a resit of Gcse exams that i never took first time around? IE i want to take law as a resit but it will be my first time if you know what i mean?
Reply 1
Original post by sheilapaul
hi, could i do a resit of Gcse exams that i never took first time around? IE i want to take law as a resit but it will be my first time if you know what i mean?

You want to sit Law, ok. What do you mean as a re-sit?

Um, the clue is in the word 'resit'. You can't 'resit' something you haven't actually 'sat'.

So what are you asking?
If its your first time then it's not a resit, a resit is when you have done an exam and you do it again.
I think you mean you want to sit a GCSE but you have already finished year 11? You can't re-do something you never did of course.

If that's the case ask your school/college if they'll enter you if you self study - they often do this for foreign language students getting their free A*s for their native tongue.

If not you can enter yourself as a private candidate like a home-schooled person would.
Reply 5
Original post by Reality Check
Um, the clue is in the word 'resit'. You can't 'resit' something you haven't actually 'sat'.

So what are you asking?

hi, it is actually for my son, he got refused 6th form at his school but the local college are doing a access to a level and you have to do 4 resits, but he only needs to resit 3 so want to know if the 4th could be a first entry?
thanks for help
hi, it is actually for my son, he got refused 6th form at his school but the local college are doing a access to a level and you have to do 4 resits, but he only needs to resit 3 so want to know if the 4th could be a first entry?
thanks for help

You're welcome.

Ok, that makes more sense. It would be totally down to the college - if they're working on the basis that GCSEs taken will be resits, they may not have the resources or set-up to actually teach a GCSE from scratch - just the resources to do some remedial work to get people through their previously-failed ones. You'll have to check with the college regarding this.

Quick Reply

Latest