The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Accommodation Application

I'm very concerned about my accommodation application. I applied for accommodation in May and Leeds was my first choice uni (James Baillie was my first choice halls), but I still haven't heard anything back from the accommodation team. Almost everyone I know who applied to Leeds has heard where they're living, even people who had Leeds as their insurance and I'm wondering if this means I haven't got my first choice accommodation? How oversubscribed is James Baillie and what halls is it likely I've been put in if I haven't got my first choice?
Reply 1
Have you called the accommodation team?
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
James Baille is usually fine for getting into, its off campus so not many people go for it
You'll be placed where you've said is most important, so if you want catered, they'll place you in a catered halls before somewhere else, same applies for being in ensuite and distance to university
I wouldn't worry about not hearing just yet, accommodation gets released in small batches to help with the call lines/website not getting over loaded
I say call them if you haven't heard by the middle of next week
Reply 3
Original post by sahjahn
Have you called the accommodation team?

No I haven't because they have emailed me and when I check my accomodation portal my application is fine, just feeling very anxious waiting to hear.
Reply 4
Original post by iElvendork
James Baille is usually fine for getting into, its off campus so not many people go for it
You'll be placed where you've said is most important, so if you want catered, they'll place you in a catered halls before somewhere else, same applies for being in ensuite and distance to university
I wouldn't worry about not hearing just yet, accommodation gets released in small batches to help with the call lines/website not getting over loaded
I say call them if you haven't heard by the middle of next week

Thank you, you've massively calmed my nerves! Was so nervous that I hadn't heard because I hadn't got my first choice!!!
Original post by emxlymai
Thank you, you've massively calmed my nerves! Was so nervous that I hadn't heard because I hadn't got my first choice!!!

3 years ago, I was in the first batch and didn't get my first choice (CV), but I know people who found out two weeks after me that they got their choice of Devonshire

Quick Reply

Latest