UKL Entertainment - Music Competition Watch

This discussion is closed.
Mean Mr. Mustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by kieshaxxx)
Haha no, I'm not going to subject you all to that!
a-go on!
Kiesha
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by theaman)
But we want you to!
Lol no no ... I'll be judge though
Onearmedbandit
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sign me up! Although I play the trumpet, bass guitar & sorta sing... the music I tend to write have loads of instruments. At first I was gonna put up one of my more classical things but then I though... nahhh. So hopefully a midi is acceptable (basically your sound card generates the tones, it's not recorded) it may sound a bit dodgy if your sound card isn't so good. So I've decided to offer something I wrote for a video game at colelge a few months ago. It's just called "level 3" and it's heavily based on those old NES/SNES games I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.geocities.com/onearmedban...ogamemusic.mid (you'll need to right-click it and select 'save target as' or it won't work).
Kiesha
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
a-go on!
:rolleyes:

Keep on searching for the mic...
chats
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
Sign me up! Although I play the trumpet, bass guitar & sorta sing... the music I tend to write have loads of instruments. At first I was gonna put up one of my more classical things but then I though... nahhh. So hopefully a midi is acceptable (basically your sound card generates the tones, it's not recorded) it may sound a bit dodgy if your sound card isn't so good. So I've decided to offer something I wrote for a video game at colelge a few months ago. It's just called "level 3" and it's heavily based on those old NES/SNES games I hope you enjoy it!

http://www.geocities.com/onearmedban...ogamemusic.mid (you'll need to right-click it and select 'save target as' or it won't work).
LOL QUALITY!!!!!
memories of sonic the hedgehog and alex the kid
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Okay, this is how my guitar sounds on a Wav > MP3 conversion

Excuse my lacklustre guitar playing...been a while and alcohol not helping...!
(I'm sure I can play something more cheerful with chords!)

http://www.lifewired.net/music/Test.mp3
Mean Mr. Mustard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by LifeWired)
Okay, this is how my guitar sounds on a Wav > MP3 conversion

Excuse my lacklustre guitar playing...been a while and alcohol not helping...!
(I'm sure I can play something more cheerful with chords!)

http://www.lifewired.net/music/Test.mp3

pfft...better than anything I can manage

I'll stick with chords thank yee very much
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Babyshambles)
pfft...better than anything I can manage

I'll stick with chords thank yee very much
Hang on...will upload them and see how they sound...!
theaman
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
Hang on...will upload them and see how they sound...!
Rehearsals are meant to be a private affair - before you air your final version on here!
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Oh & I found something I uploaded a few weeks ago. My version of Maxwell's Silver Hammer... including me singing (not so great), a vocal solo + added extra special sound effects I won't post it yet though .. maybe I'm not supposed to post more than one thing? :eyes:

P.S. Any chance of this place getting more smilies?
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Rehearsals are meant to be a private affair - before you air your final version on here!
Don't know the random people here well enough! How do you intend to get this to work without somewhere central for us 'performers' to meet up and practice?!

Gah...I'm trying!

Here's a few chords...
http://www.lifewired.net/music/BuckRogers.mp3

It sounds rubbish, need overdrive...and no one has suggested a way to sing and dub over this...my sense of humour is running out! *Wander off to play guitar alone*
theaman
Rep:
?
Don't know the random people here well enough! How do you intend to get this to work without somewhere central for us 'performers' to meet up and practice?!

Gah...I'm trying!

Here's a few chords...
http://www.lifewired.net/music/BuckRogers.mp3

It sounds rubbish, need overdrive...and no one has suggested a way to sing and dub over this...my sense of humour is running out! *Wander off to play guitar alone*
LOL - this is the thread to air your final version. Have a practice beforehand, without uploading it, and then you can surprise everyone when it is your turn at just how good you are!
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
LOL - this is the thread to air your final version. Have a practice beforehand, without uploading it, and then you can surprise everyone when it is your turn at just how good you are!
I can do a lot better than this but...!
Problem is getting people together, this type of effort should be done over, say 3 days. Then we can get some semi-decent stuff out :confused:

Destined to fail me thinks...!
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I have come across a slight problem...how to get my microphone, plugged into my computer, to my drums or piano?

Can i write some music on the computer instead?
LifeWired
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I have come across a slight problem...how to get my microphone plugged into my computer to my drums or piano?
The problems begin

Need someone to mix this together, lyrics also, in fact, deciding on a fairly popular/easy tune we'll all know, iunno.

Edit: Too tired for this, if u want to use my mp3's fair go...! I'm off to strum random music out...
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by mc_watson87)
I have come across a slight problem...how to get my microphone, plugged into my computer, to my drums or piano?

Can i write some music on the computer instead?
I say go for it!! :cool:

What software are you using?
musicbloke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Am I too late to enter?

MB
mc_watson87
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by Onearmedbandit)
I say go for it!! :cool:

What software are you using?
I normally use Cubase SX 3.0.
I have another advanced program I sometimes use aswell, can't remember the name though, or where the CD is.
*Currently looking for CD*
Onearmedbandit
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Sometimes I wish I could use Cubase, it certainly gives you more control over the MIDI data. But I'm so used to Sibelius... & I'm quick on it too.

Good luck finding that CD!
theaman
Rep:
?
Edit: Too tired for this, if u want to use my mp3's fair go...! I'm off to strum random music out...
That's exactly what we want - just a quick jam of anything you like, whether it's popular, your own thing, whatever!
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (10)
37.04%
No (17)
62.96%

Watched Threads