When to sit the GAMSAT- September or March? Watch

medhopeeful
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello everyone. I will be sitting the GAMSAT in 2018 for 2019 entry. I will be in my 2nd year of university (Studying biomedical sciences) when sitting the gamsat. However, I am not very sure if i should be sitting the March or September exam. If I sit it in September 2018 can I still apply in October 2018 for 2019 entry? Is there any rules? I would be really grateful if someone could help.
Marathi
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
March is good because you get your results before you apply so you know whether it is worthwhile or not (although it's not guaranteed as the goalposts are likely to change after the UCAS deadline anyway with regards to the cutoffs).

September is good as you will have the summer to prepare without having to do as much GAMSAT prep alongside your uni work. But it means you will be going into your application blind (though you will somewhat if you sit in March - although a score of say 70 overall is really safe for getting an interview).

Both cycles last for the following 2 years. So March and September 2018 sittings are valid for 2019 and 2020 entry.

Hope this helps!
ddunnet3
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I am literally wondering the same thing. I graduated last year an gained a BSc Psychology with a high 2:1 and have been gaining experience in the NHS as a Healthcare assistant to help with my application. I want to apply for the Graduate Medical Programme (A101) for intake in 2019. I am planning to sit the GAMSAT in September 2018 as having no A-Levels and very little knowledge of Chem, Bio
Royal Oak
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm sitting it in March for 2019 entry and started revising this month. I'm currently in my 4th year so need to balance it alongside everything else but I'm going to try my best in it.
Best case scenario - I get a score that will more or less guarantee me an interview so I don't have to worry about that anymore an in the autumn I can just focus on the UKCAT.
Worst case scenario - I do badly and have to resit in September but at least I'll have experience of the GAMSAT and will have a better idea of figuring out where I went wrong and what I can change.
JLM1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
I'm in the same boat as ddunnet3, but planning on sitting it in March and September. I follow a girl on youtube who did the Grad Entry route and she had to take the GAMSAT 3 times before she scored high enough to get a plalce on a coure. I won't be prepared to pass in March but I think its important to get an understanding of the testing environment and how the test work etc before pinning all my hopes on the September exam date. I know its an expensive test (literally working 2 jobs atm just to pay my rent so how i think im going to pay for it who knows) but hopefully will pay off in September!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (149)
18.58%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.85%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (136)
16.96%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (114)
14.21%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (78)
9.73%
How can I be the best version of myself? (246)
30.67%

Watched Threads