The Student Room Group

As level dentistry *IMPORTANT*

Hello I am currently thinking of changing my subjects for As level (I haven't started yet). I need to take Biology and Chemistry for As and A2, and I am debating taking either Philosophy and ethics, Physics or Maths. I want to study here in a UK dentist school.
Reply 1
Original post by Thom4627
Hello I am currently thinking of changing my subjects for As level (I haven't started yet). I need to take Biology and Chemistry for As and A2, and I am debating taking either Philosophy and ethics, Physics or Maths. I want to study here in a UK dentist school.

But will I need to take 4 As levels and drop one to take 3 A2? Or can I do 3 As levels and then do all 3 at A2? Thanks
Just do 3 - nowhere requires 4

Posted from TSR Mobile
It depends on whether your school does the official AS exams at the end of year 12.

If they do, you can take four if you're unsure and then drop the one you don't like at the end and continue with 3. If you do this, be fairly confident that you can manage good grades in all subjects as an E grade etc won't look good to unis (although some universities have said they don't look at AS levels so check individual websites)

If your school don't do the exams and you choose to take 4 and then drop one, you'll have no proof that you took that's fourth subject so it'll kind of be a waste of an effort. So you can either take 4 and stick with them (unless you really want to drop one) or take only 3 - universities only ever look at 3 when making offers so this won't put you at a disadvantage.

As for which subject to take, take whichever one you like the best/do well in because universities don't care about the other subject as long as you have bio and chem

Quick Reply

Latest