Gchief
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 years ago
Hey guys,

Just wanted to make sure of this: Does our time to select optional modules depend on when we pay the tuition fee?

It seems to me that we can only be enrolled after we have paid at least 1/3 of the tuition and only after we are enrolled are we able to select optional modules.

On the portico, it also says our department will advise us when we are able to select modules. So do they advise us individually after one has made payment of the tuition or they will advise everyone in the program at the same time regardless of the tuition status?

Thanks a lot
ms1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
Are you sure you aren't mixing up Pre-Enrollment and Enrollment.
Pre-Enrollment is being done at the moment, but enrollment wont happen until 25th-29th Sept (may vary depending on your course).

If I'm understanding it correctly, you won't be able to enroll without that down payment (may be wrong), and then after officially enrolling the module selection becomes available.

I've actually made the 1/3 payment already btw, and i don't have an ability to select modules.
Gchief
Rep:
?
(Original post by ms1234)
Pre-Enrollment is being done at the moment, but enrollment wont happen until 25th-29th Sept (may vary depending on your course).

If I'm understanding it correctly, you won't be able to enroll without that down payment (may be wrong), and then after officially enrolling the module selection becomes available.

I've actually made the 1/3 payment already btw, and i don't have an ability to select modules.
Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've done the pre-enrolment as well and my in-person enrollment is on the 22nd. We have the option to pay the tuition at the enrollment (everyone selects module after the in-person enrollment?).
So I think paying early does not get us enrolled earlier? I asked these because there is one particular module that I really want to be able to select as module availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
Gchief
Rep:
?

Hey, thanks for the reply. Yeah, I've done the pre-enrolment as well and my in-person enrollment is on the 22nd. We have the option to pay the tuition at the enrollment (everyone selects module after the in-person enrollment?).

So I think paying early does not get us enrolled earlier? I asked these because there is one particular module that I really want to be able to select as module availability is on a first-come-first-served basis.
ms1234
Rep:
?
Report 2 years ago
(Original post by Gchief)
So no, i dont believe it does (or hasn't for me), but your right to be cautious and class fill up, I seen people last year get affected by it as they massively under-estimated the interest (there can be a lot of cross overs from different courses)

My advice is enroll and run online as soon as possible - i'm really not sure exactly when it opens though, especially since everyone has different enrollment times (not sure if classes are grouped), it wouldnt be to fair it would be if you class filled up because your registration date was later than everyone elses for example.
Gchief
Rep:
?
So no, i dont believe it does (or hasn't for me), but your right to be cautious and class fill up, I seen people last year get affected by it as they massively under-estimated the interest (there can be a lot of cross overs from different courses)

My advice is enroll and run online as soon as possible - i'm really not sure exactly when it opens though, especially since everyone has different enrollment times (not sure if classes are grouped), it wouldnt be to fair it would be if you class filled up because your registration date was later than everyone elses for example.
Yeah, true. Hopefully we can get to select our favorite modules. Thanks again and good luck to us with the module selections!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.52%
Pop (214)
24.8%
Jazz (33)