Fresher scams Watch

BarryPR
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Looking to speak to freshers who have fallen victim to various scams that have targeted students.

The reason for this is that i'm creating a campaign to raise the awareness for students and parents around the dangers of cyber crime during the freshers period whens students are signing up to accommodation, loans, freshers events etc..

Example scams include:

- Fake fresher events

- Phishing scams for emails,passwords, financial information

Would be great to speak to someone about their experience of cyber crime so we can make this great campaign!

We have an opportunity to appear on various national media including The One Show, but only if we can find a real life case study of a student/fresher being scammed through fake events or phishing emails.

So if you know of anyone who would be willing to talk to the press then we can offer a £100 Amazon voucher!

Let me know if you can help!

Thanks in advance for your help.
CheeseIsVeg
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by BarryPR)
Looking to speak to freshers who have fallen victim to various scams that have targeted students.

The reason for this is that i'm creating a campaign to raise the awareness for students and parents around the dangers of cyber crime during the freshers period whens students are signing up to accommodation, loans, freshers events etc..

Example scams include:

- Fake fresher events

- Phishing scams for emails,passwords, financial information

Would be great to speak to someone about their experience of cyber crime so we can make this great campaign!

We have an opportunity to appear on various national media including The One Show, but only if we can find a real life case study of a student/fresher being scammed through fake events or phishing emails.

So if you know of anyone who would be willing to talk to the press then we can offer a £100 Amazon voucher!

Let me know if you can help!

just going to bump this for you as new freshers are coming :bump:
BarryPR
Rep:
?
(Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
just going to bump this for you as new freshers are coming :bump:
Thank you!
BarryPR
Rep:
?
Hey Guys,

Above - I posted about a PR campaign I was creating to raise awareness around phishing scams targeted at students.

This is a campaign I feel strongly about having recently left Uni and really think can make some difference in raising awareness, so I've decided to give it another go!

As such, I wondered if the wonderful world of Student Room could help me. I'm looking to speak to a student who has fallen victim to a phishing scam, this could be through receiving dodgy email scams around accommodation, student loans or fake club events and handing them emails,passwords or financial information.

I can offer a £50 Amazon voucher to the participant.

Would be great to speak to someone about their experience of cyber crime so we can make this great campaign happen!

X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19
  • University of Derby
    Foundation Open Event Further education
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (155)
17.63%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (76)
8.65%
No I am happy with my course choice (521)
59.27%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (127)
14.45%

Watched Threads