Best Accommodation at Durham Univeersity?

Watch
georgialouiseek
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 years ago
Which college is best for nightlife, Price and nicest rooms?
DrSocSciences
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
The city is so small that distance is not really an issue. Big nights out are more likely to be in Newcastle, if you're not fond of the quirky offerings in Durham.
jct1993
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Also it depends what you're after, where you want to be based, catered/non-catered etc. You're best off looking on Youtube (they all have an "about us" video) and generally reading up on each one.. no one will be able to tell you what's best for you
2childmum
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
All the colleges charge the same, and all are fully catered (apart from Josephine Butler, which is self-catered, and Cuths, where you can choose to live out in the first year.
durhamdunce
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 3 years ago
Regarding nightlife, since all the nightclubs are based in the city center, it is MUCH easier to get back to your place if you are in the Bailey colleges than the hill ones. If you are at a Hill college, likely you will have either a very lengthy walk home, or take a taxi.

Nicest rooms, well all are decent, some shockingly bad ones (Palmers garth in hatfield, some marys and trevs) and some amazing ones (Durham castle, some of the chads and johns rooms).
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (45)
17.24%
No one else does (82)
31.42%
I'm embarrassed about my background (28)
10.73%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (88)
33.72%
We don't use a video platform (5)
1.92%
I don't have a camera (7)
2.68%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (6)
2.3%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise