The Student Room Group

Year 13 tips

I'd really appreciate some tips from anybody who just finished their A levels in getting an A/A* in bio/chem (linear) & maths (modular). You guys are the first year to have done the new A levels, so any advice on how you balanced your revision between AS and A2 topics? Thanksss!
Original post by iamayesha
I'd really appreciate some tips from anybody who just finished their A levels in getting an A/A* in bio/chem (linear) & maths (modular). You guys are the first year to have done the new A levels, so any advice on how you balanced your revision between AS and A2 topics? Thanksss!

Hey! I did a level physics and maths and my main bit of advise would be to sweat out past papers in all of your subjects and to stay on top of the work. I also found doing all the questions in the physics textbook helpful before doing the past papers (I know physics isn't the same as biology/chemistry but it's sort of the same course structure). By putting in more effort and organisation into my revision with the past papers, I improved my grades from a C in maths and a D in physics at AS to an A in maths and a B in physics at A2.
Good luck!
Reply 2
Original post by charlotte8699
Hey! I did a level physics and maths and my main bit of advise would be to sweat out past papers in all of your subjects and to stay on top of the work. I also found doing all the questions in the physics textbook helpful before doing the past papers (I know physics isn't the same as biology/chemistry but it's sort of the same course structure). By putting in more effort and organisation into my revision with the past papers, I improved my grades from a C in maths and a D in physics at AS to an A in maths and a B in physics at A2.
Good luck!

Thankyou! Did you use the CGP textbook?
Original post by iamayesha
Thankyou! Did you use the CGP textbook?

I must admit I didn't use any revision guides although I'm sure they would have helped. I found that my college provided enough revision material for us so I didn't need to spend extra on the revision guides. In terms of textbooks, I just used the standard AQA textbook that I'm sure your college will tell you about. :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by charlotte8699
I must admit I didn't use any revision guides although I'm sure they would have helped. I found that my college provided enough revision material for us so I didn't need to spend extra on the revision guides. In terms of textbooks, I just used the standard AQA textbook that I'm sure your college will tell you about. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest